New Edge Owner

NANCYB

Waiting on a call from my dealer to pick up my new 2012 Edge today! I am very excited! Brought it home with me for an overnight test drive and fell in love! Trading in my 2003 Town & Country. Kids are grown now, so now it's time for ME! :) Can't wait to enjoy the vista roof in the FL spring weather! (My apologies to all you up North, lol)

Just curious about the "My Touch" update I read about here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-ford-sends-out-software-to-upgrade-mytouch-20120305,0,6608444.story

Dealer is checkin on it for me to have it done prior to my picking up the vehicle.

Anyone out there know about this?

And I see that someone already purchased a 2013!!! Wow, didn't know they were available already. Anyone know what they changed? All I can find so far is different colors available, changed the emergency flasher button, and the update is already done for the My Touch.

Appreciate any info and look forward to being a member of the "EDGE" forum!

Got the V6

Edited by NANCYB

Just curious about the "My Touch" update I read about here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-ford-sends-out-software-to-upgrade-mytouch-20120305,0,6608444.story

Dealer is checkin on it for me to have it done prior to my picking up the vehicle.

Anyone out there know about this?

Several active threads on the MFT upgrade but basically the dealer should be able to do it for you before you pick it up.

Just got home with my new Edge! LUV< LUV< LUV it!

The dealer performed the update for me and also installed the new Nav card. (They switched to a New system all together. Not Garmin anymore)

Funny thing, my inquiry about the update prompted them to haul all the Edge vehicles on the lot into the service bay to perform the update! LOL

Looking forward to learning all there is to know about my new ride! :)

One thing I don't like is that the text messaging will not work with my iphone4S !!! Bummer! Anyone know a way around this? Best I can figure is to go thru SIRI..... But that will only work to SEND a text. No way to receive and have it read to me....

Edited by NANCYB