New EDGE

The Villager

I have a headache trying out the functions. I get confused with the combination of Navigation and Sync phone. Can I just forget about Sync Directions and stick with the nav screen only.

I guess what I am trying to understand is: I want to use Nav like a garmin and Sync for phone only. I don't wish to combine the two as it is confusing me.

When you say Sync directions do you mean voice control or calling sync for directions? Well either way the answer to your question is yes and no. You can enter a destination by hand but only if you are not moving. Ford locks out several functions whent he vehicle is in motion. If you are driving you can still manually select a destination if it is stored in the system or if it was a recent destination.

When you say Sync directions do you mean voice control or calling sync for directions? Well either way the answer to your question is yes and no. You can enter a destination by hand but only if you are not moving. Ford locks out several functions whent he vehicle is in motion. If you are driving you can still manually select a destination if it is stored in the system or if it was a recent destination.

That is only partly true. You can use voice contrl while driving for either sync or the Navigation System.

Also if you look at the Nav screen for entering information you will see a button in the right hand

corner that lets you switch to to complete something if you are stopped and then have to start driving.

That is only partly true. You can use voice contrl while driving for either sync or the Navigation System...

Exactly, the voice command "navigation" followed by "street address" allows you to verbally enter a destination - the few times I actually use Nav, this is the way I do it. Straight forward and no "hunting and pecking" on the screen, and much safer while driving and keeping eyes on the road.

I may sound like a broken record here, as I've mentioned it a few times LOL, but I really find MFT - any of it's functions, to be easier to use with voice commands instead of hunting through screens and buttons. Just get used to talking to the car and it goes a lot smoother...buttons are so 20th century LOL!