KLER -- 2011 Edge Limited

Cellbine

Hey guys,

I bought a Metalic Earth 2011 LImited Edge and finally got it in August '11. Im in the Air Force and stationed in Germany now, so I had to wait a bit for it to be shipped to me. I bought the Limited ver. because we wanted a bit more luxury in our car. I love the sport look, but all the added weight made it slower than the other models.

I've visited this site a few times because I want to do some upgrades to it and finally decided to join!

I'm looking to upgrade my LEDs, swap out my grill for the sport grill, maybe add an air filter, and in general see what you awesome car guru's come up with too lol

I'm not a huge gear head or anything, but I'm excited to learn some new things. I'll post some pics of "KLER" (we call her Killer because thats what the germans put on the license plate!) after I get her washed. Its been a rainy winter over here so I want to spruce her up before I show her off.

So, I just thougth I would drop a line and say hi.

_P

Congrats on the new ride...hope it is everything you hoped it would be.

Also a big thanks for your service to our country. Hope you're getting to enjoy some of Germany. I know I had a lot of fun there when traveling for business.

Thanks! The ride has been great so far. We have had it since August, so I've got almost 6k miles on it now. I have had one issue with the My Ford Touch system completely blanking out on me for a few hours, but nothing major.

I did order it with the tan leather interior...huge mistake. It obsorbs the colors of your pants like a sponge. But I'm getting over it now. I sit on it most of the time, so I dont need to see it. =)

We have made a few day trips to and from Frankfurt and other parts of Germany. I'm really happy we got the 18" wheels instead of the larger ones. We really like how comfortable the ride is.

I did order it with the tan leather interior...huge mistake. It obsorbs the colors of your pants like a sponge. But I'm getting over it now. I sit on it most of the time, so I dont need to see it. =)

Yeah the other ride my wife was looking at was a Q5 with the brown leather interior and one of the complaints I kept seeing was that the blue from jeans would transfer and discolor the leather. They did say it was fairly easy to clean just a PITA.

I'm sure the brownish color will look great. My prev ride ( '06 Explorer Ltd) was called dark stone. It was kinf of like a charcoal grey, with a tan/brown tinge to it. Looked great, and even at 6 years old, still got compliments on it. I must admit, my '12 MKX is Ingot Silver, and a lot easier to keep clean. Cellbine, your Edge looks real sweet.

I'm sure the brownish color will look great. My prev ride ( '06 Explorer Ltd) was called dark stone. It was kinf of like a charcoal grey, with a tan/brown tinge to it. Looked great, and even at 6 years old, still got compliments on it. I must admit, my '12 MKX is Ingot Silver, and a lot easier to keep clean. Cellbine, your Edge looks real sweet.

Thanks so much! I have lived over seas for over 6 years now and I wanted to blend in with the community a little better. Granted having a bigger American car doesnt help, but picking a more nuetral color helps me not stick out so much. But I love this color, I think it fits my style a lot. She gets dirty every now and then, but the matalic flakes they have in the body paint really help difuse the dirty look. You have to be about 6 feet from it to start noticing if its dirty. I love that! But I hope my color stays true like yours has for so many years.

Just keep it waxed, I usually do mine every 2-3 months, 3 being the max. I guess that having a heated garage helps out during the winter months. If I can find pics of my Explorer, I'll have to post them. The head mechanic at my dealership bought my Explorer, and is thrilled that it looked like brand new, minus 1 or 2 Tiny nicks, for it's age. It's his wife's daily driver, and she tells people that it's a couple years old, and they believe her. Enjoy the Edge, again, a sharp color !

Edited by JOEHIO