Bought an Edge SEL AWD for the wife.

rickgz

Hello All!

We are one week into our purchase of our Cinnamon 2012 Edge SEL AWD with Tan Leather and Vista Roof. This is the first American car I have bought since 1985 and the first ever Ford.

Right now with our car sitting at the dealer already with a problem, I have mixed feelings about our purchase. I know this is the Welcome forum so I won't bitch here, but will post our experiences in the other appropriate sub forums here.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hello and Happy Holidays to all.

Rick Gz

Hello All!

We are one week into our purchase of our Cinnamon 2012 Edge SEL AWD with Tan Leather and Vista Roof. This is the first American car I have bought since 1985 and the first ever Ford.

Right now with our car sitting at the dealer already with a problem, I have mixed feelings about our purchase. I know this is the Welcome forum so I won't bitch here, but will post our experiences in the other appropriate sub forums here.

Rick Gz

What is it in the shop for?

Just a couple of minor things, but when the car is brand spanking new, it is a downer,

The USB inside the console doesn't work and there was a scratch on one of the interior trim pieces in the center console.

Still waiting to here if it will be done today. At least I was given a loaner car.

Rick Gz

When you say the USB didn't work...how so? It is pretty common with the current version of the MFT software for the display to say that the USB device is not recognized but often will still work. Not saying it is ideal but might just be the way it will work for a few more months until Ford sends out the new software. If it just didn't see that anything was connected it was probably a loose wire from transport...hopefully.

When you say the USB didn't work...how so? It is pretty common with the current version of the MFT software for the display to say that the USB device is not recognized but often will still work. Not saying it is ideal but might just be the way it will work for a few more months until Ford sends out the new software. If it just didn't see that anything was connected it was probably a loose wire from transport...hopefully.

Mine disappears all of the time and then pops back up. It happened this morning so I was going to voice control it to play but the voice control button would not respond. I am guessing it will be fine later. I am also hopeful the new update will fix these things.

The USB won't recognize any device hooked up to it including my iPod Classic and the service mgr's Nano. We don't have the MFT (thank goodness from all of the problems I have heard of), just the Ford Sync powered by Microsoft.

Just got word from the dealer that they want to keep car overnight....for a damn USB cable. Don't dealers stock anything but oil and filters anymore?

Rick Gz

Hello All!

Rick Gz

Your wife's new ride is a twin of mine except for the AWD. Same color, trim level, seating and roof option. I've had mine for 3 weeks without a problem. Here's hoping your issues are ironed out in short order.