2008 Ford Edge CD error

• 2 months later...

I had an identical issue. My Edge is sadly out of warranty and so to fix the problem at the dealership would have cost 365 dollars. No thanks. Instead, I simply took the radio out, removed the 6 CD changer from the housing, took my CD's out, and tried finding the problem. No dice. The CD changer was kaput. So I kept the changer out of the housing but put everything back into place in the car. Every still works now except the CD player. Good thing I have a hard drive....

• 4 years later...

I don't believe that there is a reset button (of sorts). You might try an electrical reset. Pull the owner's manual out & look up fuse box chart to identify the one(s) that affect your radio/cd changer.

Turn the key to ACC setting & turn on radio. Open the fuse box & pull all relevant fuses. Radio should quit. Then turn the key off & then reinsert the fuses. Turn the key back to ACC and turn on the radio. If this works, you should then be able to eject your cds.

If this doesn't work, the only other option I know of, is to remove the radio and remove the top cover (one screw I believe). You can then wiggle the cds to get them back on position.

I believe what hapens is, when the the battery dies, the changer starts shuffling through discs and causes one disc to pop out of it's slot; and jam inside the unit. Causes a "no disc" error when trying to play a cd and "load error" when trying to eject/insert a disc.

Edited by enigma-2