Just purchased 2011 Edge Limited

cc70415

Hi guys!

I just purchased my first ford edge today and so far am soooo happy with it!! :D I really do love it! I got the 2011 edge limited, my only problem is that Initially all I was looking at was the 2012 limited but was talked into this deal because it was a great bargain and saved me a lot of money AND the car came fully loaded. My heart was very set on the 2012 and not the 2011 but I was told that they are nearly identical. Does anyone know if this is true? Can anyone make me feel better that I made the right decision saving money and having a great car because I'm still a little down that I didn't get the year I really wanted. When at the dealership I looked at both exteriors and interiors and stickers and couldn't find much that's different. Is it true that they are pretty much identical?? Thanks so much! Just trying to sleep better knowing I made the right decision for my first edge purchase! :D

If you are happy with the car you made the right decision. But for differences I think I read that they added some more sound insulation and a few other very minor tweaks. Probably nothing you'd ever notice to be honest. I think the other changes were exterior colors as some colors were no longer available after the earthquake/tsunami in Japan.

By the way welcome to the forum. Oh and is that Morris county NJ?

If you are happy with the car you made the right decision. But for differences I think I read that they added some more sound insulation and a few other very minor tweaks. Probably nothing you'd ever notice to be honest. I think the other changes were exterior colors as some colors were no longer available after the earthquake/tsunami in Japan.

By the way welcome to the forum. Oh and is that Morris county NJ?

Ok great thanks so much for the reply! I loveee the car so far! and thanks for the welcome and yes its morris county NJ :D

Ok so now I'm a bit upset and confused and need advice again...I just found out last night since I had a passenger with me and havent since I bought the car that as a fully loaded 2011 edge LIMITED my passenger seats are NOT power adjustable...can anyone tell me why?? Im calling the dealer very soon because im quite upset that i have a power lift gate, power back seats to fold down and power drivers seat and I was told this car was fully loaded which is why i settled for it OVER the 2012 and now I find this out...any idea why before I call the dealer about this??? Thanks again!!

Ok so now I'm a bit upset and confused and need advice again...I just found out last night since I had a passenger with me and havent since I bought the car that as a fully loaded 2011 edge LIMITED my passenger seats are NOT power adjustable...can anyone tell me why?? Im calling the dealer very soon because im quite upset that i have a power lift gate, power back seats to fold down and power drivers seat and I was told this car was fully loaded which is why i settled for it OVER the 2012 and now I find this out...any idea why before I call the dealer about this??? Thanks again!!

You should go look for yourself, mine is.

Are you sure it's not power? My Limited 2011 has a power seat on the passenger side(4 or 6 way not sure), the thing that isn't power is the fold flat feature, (theres a single manual handle for that) and from what I hear the 2012 doesn't fold flat anymore. (folding it flat is actually very handy you will be able to fit lumber etc inside with the hatch closed.

M.

Thank you both! I went and looked for myself after I saw your responses and turns out the very intelligent passenger I had only found the fold down handle and assumed it was the recliner as well. I went and tried it out and it IS power adjusting, thank goodness. SO glad I asked you all before going to the dealer...guess I cant take anyone's word without seeing for myself anymore haha thank you!!

Thank you both! I went and looked for myself after I saw your responses and turns out the very intelligent passenger I had only found the fold down handle and assumed it was the recliner as well. I went and tried it out and it IS power adjusting, thank goodness. SO glad I asked you all before going to the dealer...guess I cant take anyone's word without seeing for myself anymore haha thank you!!

Glad it is how it is supposed to be! I stopped relying on other people a few years ago. I have found there is only one way to be 100% sure and that is to look/do it yourself :)