Remote Start 2012 SEL

Jesus

In the same boat. Wife want me to add it but she can't make up her mind which she wants. 100 benefits are that the button to start the car is on the key but it is 300 foot range and doesn't confirm vehicle started. The 200 series uses a separate fob but extends the distance to 1000 feet and has confirmation. Personally I would rather have the longer range but I am also thinking there is a slight chance that the 100 won't require dealer activation since keys can usually be programmed in the ignition.

In the same boat. Wife want me to add it but she can't make up her mind which she wants. 100 benefits are that the button to start the car is on the key but it is 300 foot range and doesn't confirm vehicle started. The 200 series uses a separate fob but extends the distance to 1000 feet and has confirmation. Personally I would rather have the longer range but I am also thinking there is a slight chance that the 100 won't require dealer activation since keys can usually be programmed in the ignition.

I think I'm going to go with the 100 series because like you said the remote start is integrated into key fob. One less this to worry about. I think you get two key fobs with the kit right? I dont think the extra hundred bucks is worth it for the longer range and auto temp controls. I'm in San Diego and the climate is not as severe. Only reason why i'm getting it is to get the car warmed up in the mornings before i leave to work.

I do believe the kit comes with two keys but as far as I know they both work the same. So once they are installed and initialized the auto temp control will work. What I am not sure about is if the system has to be reprogrammed to get this working or if the process of programming the keys (using existing keys) will be enough to have the system completely functional.

On my 2011 Limited I have the Remote Start, all one fob. I am guessing it's the 100 series. The ranger when there is line-of-site is pretty darn good. If you are going through walls, it gets shorter, but still is entirely functional from anywhere within my house.

I used to have a Viper Bi-directional Alarm/Remote start in my car. It was cool when the car was out of sight or far, but beyond that, the bi-directional and extended range wasn't worth much.

I guess it all depends on where you are in respect to your car a majority of the time. If you're starting from an office building, or apartment building, then it might be worth the bi-directional in those circumstances.