hopefully new edge sport owner

the pony boy

When I was shopping I went to autobytel.com to build an Edge and it gives you what the dealer invoice should be for the car. There is a $500+ 'advertising' charge on each car and an $80 fuel charge that dealers just won't let go of. A 2011 you should easily be able to get a zero over invoice or under. When I was shopping I originally looked at 11's to get a good deal. However, just two weeks before the 12's were to come out the dealers were holding onto them like they were rare finds. One dealer worked with me for days and let me walk away for $500.00 on an 11. Couple other dealers did too and now guess who is calling after September was a slow sales month? Everyone! Not knowing what options the Edge you are looking at has I am guessing with rebates you can do much much better than that price. Check out this site.

When I was shopping I went to autobytel.com to build an Edge and it gives you what the dealer invoice should be for the car. There is a $500+ 'advertising' charge on each car and an $80 fuel charge that dealers just won't let go of.

Just to clarify - those charges are part of the actual dealer invoice that the dealer pays Ford. They're simply broken out as separate line items and because the advertising charge varies from city to city it's not included in any of the online car pricing sites like edmunds or kbb or nada.

The fees are used to support the local advertising campaigns (brought to you by your "Greater Ford Dealers".

You should really just negotiate off true dealer invoice or x plan price which is clearly printed on the invoice. A good dealer won't have any problem negotiating that way or showing you the invoice.

The only options are drivers entry and nav. The price I have now is really with no negotiating. I went through overstock.com and the have a program that saves you 852 off of invoice. Add the 1000 from ford and thats where I am. I asked her about the Costco discount and she said the can't be combined. If I can get another 1000 or so off I will get the car.