New member, Old Question???

firstford2011

Hello,

I just became a Ford owner for the first time on Monday when I bought a 2009 Ford Edge Limited at a local dealer. I really love this vehicle, it has everything that I could possibly want/need and more! However, the one thing that it has (that I definitely don't want) is a strange high pitched whine. The best way I can describe it..... well, it's like being part of a hearing test. It isn't very loud, just a steady, high pitched frequency. My husband was in the passenger seat when I first noticed it and he couldn't hear anything. Unfortunately, that doesn't say much because his hearing hasn't fared well over the years. We did get out of the Edge to see if we could hear it while it was in Park and idling, and sure enough, both of us could hear it. Ever since then, I hear it all the time and it is really bothersome. It actually gives me a bit of a headache! I did a bit of research online and it does seem to be a fairly common problem with this particular vehicle. I was a bit discouraged to read the numerous remarks on how Ford has done nothing regarding the issue. I was wondering if anyone has heard if there had been any new/recent updates from Ford regarding this problem? I also noticed that the fuel pump was mentioned as a possible culprit, and is that still the case? I know that this topic has been brought up in the past, but I just wanted to ask for some current advice. Might be worth learning something new before I go back into the dealership and get the "you don't know what you're talking about" look or the "there's nothing we can do" shrug from the service department! For now though, I'll just turn the radio up. Thanks for any info or advice that you might be able to provide...