Hello!

Limited59

Hello from a new owner... just purchased an '11 Limited AWD, black, driver's entry, panoramic roof, 18" wheels and HID headlamps. Traded a '10 GMC Terrain SLT-2 V6 FWD which is inferior to the Ford in terms of power and ride quality. I had the 19" 50 series tires on my Terrain so I knew I didn't want the 20" wheels on the Ford.

The option I happened to get that I didn't really want (to pay for) were the HID headlamps... not sure how they compare to regular halogen projector headlamps???

The only quality issue I could find with it (and boy, was I THOROUGH) was the middle headliner 'bar' wasn't velcroed to the roof. It stuck when I pressed on it and stayed that way over some pretty bumpy roads... so fingers crossed.

Hopefully I don't have any issues with the gigantic roof... it truly is great having that much light in the cabin. Power sunshade sure is a treat!

So again, hello from east-central Ontario, Canada. I'm proud to support Canadian (and Ontarian) vehicle manufacturing on both my recent vehicle purchases!

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Update after 3 months and 3,500 kms (2,175 mi)...

Still loving the Edge. No warranty-related work, or work at all, has been needed.

The MFT system has only glitched twice... the first time the radio hesitated to turn on shortly after startup but I was able to get it to work after cycling from FM back to SAT. The second time I initiated a voice command and the big LCD froze. Radio still worked OK. It didn't resolve itself until I restarted the car. Both issues aren't what I would say indicate there is an issue with the system. It's just a computer after all. I have the same v2.8 as the vehicle came with.

One annoyance I have with the vehicle is (what I think is) gas sloshing around in the tank. I think I can hear it causing a 'thumping" sound during certain low-speed manoeuvres.

Something that caught me by surprise yesterday morning (our first frosty morning) was the snap-ceackle-pop of what I believe to be the Vista roof. The roof has been totally silent since I drove it off the lot... no rattling or anything. I've only opened the glass a few times. Anyone else have this issue in the cold weather?

So I would say so far so good. Here's hoping for continued trouble free driving....