2011 Ford edge owner

DavidWister

Hello all,

I have a 2011 ford edge, love the Sync. some of the featues i cannot use because after i bought the car i moved to Germany and live here now. i hate that in order to upgrade my Sync i HAVE to take it to the ford dealer here in Germany and they want to keep my car ALL DAY!! All updates should be downloadable and able to be installed by the owner. i also do not like that i am limited to only 110 MPH because i drive on the autobahn everyday and being limited sucks, so i am looking for a way to get around this...is there a chip for that? if so someone can post here and let me know if not i will just have to be frustrated. thanks. Just so all of you know i really do like my edge probably the most satisfing car purchase for me in the last 15 years for sure!! Maybe when i get a BMW it will be just as good :)

Hello all,

I have a 2011 ford edge, love the Sync. some of the featues i cannot use because after i bought the car i moved to Germany and live here now. i hate that in order to upgrade my Sync i HAVE to take it to the ford dealer here in Germany and they want to keep my car ALL DAY!! All updates should be downloadable and able to be installed by the owner. i also do not like that i am limited to only 110 MPH because i drive on the autobahn everyday and being limited sucks, so i am looking for a way to get around this...is there a chip for that? if so someone can post here and let me know if not i will just have to be frustrated. thanks. Just so all of you know i really do like my edge probably the most satisfing car purchase for me in the last 15 years for sure!! Maybe when i get a BMW it will be just as good :)

Major sync updates can only be done from the dealer. It's similar to doing a major O/S upgrade on your PC. Owners can do minor updates via USB.

Your best bet for speed limiter removal is a SCT tuner, but make sure the tires are up to spec.

Hello all,

Only 110 mph!! Brave soul!

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

on a German Autobahn a good average traveling speed is 100 mph. If there is less traffic it gets boring. :-) Then you wish to speed up a little bit. It sounds crazy, but I had this feeling traveling 150mph with my CLK.

Anyway, did you have any trouble with the German Ford dealer doing the update? I will challenge the dealer next to me, when my 2011 Sport finally arrive.

Rene

Only 110 mph!! Brave soul!