Looking to purchase an Edge

Eng11

In the process of looking for a replacement vehicle for a recent grad. One of the vehicles under consideration is a used Ford Edge (2007 or 2008).

Hoping to get some feedback from Edge owners. Are you pleased with your Edge? Did you purchase a fwd or awd and any regrets or insight on each? Is there a benefit, besides it being newer, of a 2008 model year over a 2007. Are there any issues with pana the roof (leaking, noise, heat, etc)? When looking at a used Edge, besides driving it and checking for any leaks, and possibly taking it to a wrench, any other recommendations?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

In the process of looking for a replacement vehicle for a recent grad. One of the vehicles under consideration is a used Ford Edge (2007 or 2008).

Hoping to get some feedback from Edge owners. Are you pleased with your Edge? Did you purchase a fwd or awd and any regrets or insight on each? Is there a benefit, besides it being newer, of a 2008 model year over a 2007. Are there any issues with pana the roof (leaking, noise, heat, etc)? When looking at a used Edge, besides driving it and checking for any leaks, and possibly taking it to a wrench, any other recommendations?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stick with FWD - AWD models had leaky seals that are hard to fix. I think Sync may not have appeared until the 08 models but I'm not positive. Other than that I can't think of any major differences between the 07 and 08.