Class III Hitch receiver

bsoucy

I'm a 2007 SEL AWD owner, I have the towing pakage. My family want to buy a 17" RV trailer, the RV sellers dont let the people go without a weight distribution hitch. So I need a class III trailer Hitch, I went on www.etrailer.com and suddenly my edge broke my heart... There is no hitcht ford edge 07-10 that support weight distribution. The ford escape, dodge caravan, rav4 does but not the edge. So i feagure that is because the frame of the edge is to weak to support the weight distribution ?

Anybody as the anwser, I can put a class III 2" hitch but I dont want to damaged the frame of the truck. Anybody know why ??

I assume you mean a 17' (17 foot) as opposed to a 17" (17 inch) RV trailer. If such is the case, the Edge would not be able to two that type of trailer anyway. Maximum towing capacity is about 3500 pounds. That's why you won't find a weight distribution hitch for the Edge.

17 foot RV is around 3000 pounds, we see all the mini vans and ford escape towing 17 and 19 foot RV whit weight distribution hitch. But if a take a ford escape the hitch specify that the weight distribution capacity can be use, as all the mini vans. But not the edge, it sad cause the edge as a great transmission and engine.

Any one of you towing RV whit weight distribution ??

I assume you mean a 17' (17 foot) as opposed to a 17" (17 inch) RV trailer. If such is the case, the Edge would not be able to two that type of trailer anyway. Maximum towing capacity is about 3500 pounds. That's why you won't find a weight distribution hitch for the Edge.