Edge Newby

2011 RedEdge

Hello all!

Bought a 2011 Edge Limited AWD on 19 March 2011. Last Thursday evening when I was getting ready to leave work no My Touch Display, no climate control, no back -up camera, no navigation and no radio.

3000 miles on it. I have to consider it FRAUD for a corporation (FORD) to sell vehicles with known problems without disclosing the issues up front. I will be contacting the Minnesota Attorney General on Tuesday morning. I want my money back!

Jim

In the mean time, if you disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes, and reconnect, the Sync system should reset upon restart.

Thanks for the information Mazz!

Vehicle is and has been in the shop since 5/27/2011. They needed to replace the "Module". Then it wouldn't take a program...then they tell me there is only one computer in all of Ford Corporation that will do the programming and it is down. Today they tell me that Microsoft is putting together a new program and as soon as that is ready they will program the new module. may be another day, they don't know. I have lost all faith in Ford as a company and Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake, Minnesota as a dealer!

Edited by 2011 RedEdge

Well here's my story. Took it to the dealer following a black screen issue which took out the radio and the climate controls. They spent an hour trying to get it up and running, without luck. I told them, let me take the car home. When I get home I'll disconnect the battery and see if it will reset. In the meantime, let's make an appointment, I'll drop the car off, and you can have it an entire day to update the software.

Made the appointment, went home and disconnected the battery, all is good. Drop the car off Monday after work, they have the care the entire Tuesday. I call at 3 pm, to check, all is ready to go. Pick the car up at 4:30 pm, they could not upgrade the program, and have ordered a new module. Huh? So wait about 10 days for the new module, it comes in, take the car in and I tell them, I'm here until the car is ready.

Two hours into it, I check, they tell me the new module won't take the upgrade. (They were hoping the new module would have the latest software already, which it did not.) So I asked if they had the same tech working on it that worked on my car the entire day previously. They said yes, so I told them to put a new set of eyes on the job. So they did, and an hour and a half later, I was driving home with the original module, and the upgrade.

I think some techs understand the technology and are able to work with it, some maybe not as much.