New edge sport and changes I made

Red

Hi all, I just bought a new 2011 edge sport. I had a couple of issues I solved. I moved the rear head rests to the front. The front ones pushed my head to far forward. The rear ones work and look great in the front.

I live in SC so I don't need a front plate.. I drilled out the rivets and asked the ford dealer for nylon clips and tuxedo touch up paint and it looks great.

Wanted to say hi to all.

This is my first forum..

Hi all, I just bought a new 2011 edge sport. I had a couple of issues I solved. I moved the rear head rests to the front. The front ones pushed my head to far forward. The rear ones work and look great in the front.

I live in SC so I don't need a front plate.. I drilled out the rivets and asked the ford dealer for nylon clips and tuxedo touch up paint and it looks great.

Wanted to say hi to all.

This is my first forum..

WELCOME!

For you first post, you brought something to the community which I applaud! I'm going to try the front to back headrest swap and see how I like it.

WELCOME!

For you first post, you brought something to the community which I applaud! I'm going to try the front to back headrest swap and see how I like it.

I know - I was thinking about that too - I am a little disappointed in all of us for not posting that sooner.

Why would we post something like that if we didn't have a problem with the front headrests to begin with???

Kudos to Red for thinking outside the box!

As for the rest of you who didn't think of that, someone is disappointed in you....

I was including myself in that statement. I never thought to check if the back ones are the same I just figured they were.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea with the headrests. I was reading threads on the Edge headrests yesterday on this forum. About removing the rear headrests because they block the view in the rear view mirror.

It is too bad that someone from Ford with the proper authority doesn't see these complaints about the headrests and do something about them.

If there are any Ford employees on this forum please ask the design department to revise the design of the front headrests especially.

The front headrests bother my wife so much she wants me to remove them, which I don't want to do for the safety aspect. I will see about trying the OP's solution, maybe this weekend.

Years ago, I had a Taurus that had headrests that went up and down, and also had a tilt adjustment. Maybe Ford should go back to that style. It was either my 1988 Taurus LX, or my 1993 SHO (still miss that awesome car).

Edited by JOEHIO