New Edge limited -???mpg???

wciesla09

Just got it last Friday, love it so far. However, just filled up today and found out I got 13.7 mpg on the first tank. Mostly stop and go local driving but sticker says 19! We are not even close. Is something wrong with this vehicle or what????

Edited by wciesla09

Just got it last Friday, love it so far. However, just filled up today and found out I got 13.7 mpg on the first tank. Mostly stop and go local driving but sticker says 19! We are not even close. Is something wrong with this vehicle or what????

You don't know if the tank was filled all the way. Give it a few tankfuls. Reset the avg MPG readout with each fillup.

They may have idled the car for a long time, I know when I took mine in for a sync update right after I filled the tank and reset the trip, when I got the car back it was down 7-8 liters of gas, and a on time of 2 hours 12 mins most of which i'm sure they left it running. It was showing something silly like 49 liters for every 100 kms. By the end of the week it was down to 12 liters for 100 kms, which was 1-2 liters more than normal.

M.

• 2 months later...

My 08 AWD with 50k miles has consistently gotten 13mpg city 24 highway over the 3 years I've owned it. I have checked this manually as well as the on board computer.

My City driving is mostly stop and go.

When you check your City miles, try resetting avarge speed and see what that is. Mine is 15mph. I think that explains my 13mpg.

My three prior vehicles, 2 Explorers V6 and a Excape v6 all got the same City mpg (around 12-13)