Newbie with a 2011 Kona Blue Limited Edge

sublime0018

Hello Everyone, just picked up a new Edge and we're very happy so far. Been running through the forum and looking at some valuable info. I'm not big on all that chrome on the grill, will have to get it painted like the sport version soon.

One member on here has a thread where he shows it covered in flat black vinyl. Looks really good. It's removable and you can just use your existing pieces. It will also be more durable than paint in some aspects including chip-resistance. This is the route I will be going once I decide on a general theme.

Welcome and Good Luck.. share pics if you do anything cool.

EDIT: found the thread http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6432-sport-grill-for-sel/

Edited by cal3thousand

Best wishes on your new Edge. The black grill, like the sport, should look very sharp. Too bad that Ford doesn't offer the black painted grill as a paint "trim" option, as they did back in the 90's on Explorers- painted option for the running boards and lower panel on the doors. I had a '95 Explorer that was Electric red, and it had a paint option for the lower 1/4 door panel and running boards of grey. Looked sharp !

Edited by JOEHIO