Contemplating 11 edge sel

Kel

Just signed up as I am contemplating buying a edge in the future. Figured after doing a bunch of research on my own that this was the next logical step in getting educated. Like many forumns I see alot of complaining and alot of excitement over this vehicle and look forward to learning more from the members here. These forumns are a great way to learn and I appreciate all the pros and cons associated with everyones experience with the car.

Did alot of reading and Im glad I joined. Seems like there a good community of people here. Alot like when I bought my Mach1. The forumn there was great too. However the wait when ordering was alot longer then anyone here experienced with the edge.

Just signed up as I am contemplating buying a edge in the future. Figured after doing a bunch of research on my own that this was the next logical step in getting educated. Like many forumns I see alot of complaining and alot of excitement over this vehicle and look forward to learning more from the members here. These forumns are a great way to learn and I appreciate all the pros and cons associated with everyones experience with the car.

You made a wise choice to check it out here. Yes, there have been some problems, but that is centred mainly on earlier production versions. The Sync is the Achilles heel right now, but Ford is working hard on solving the issues. There are updates that members are just starting to have done recently that will help solve most of the problems. I was contemplating a Hyundai Genesis and saw so many members having so many problems that I crossed the car off my list. I ended up ordering an MKX and couldn't be happier.

I just signed up as well and for the same purpose! I like some of the new features Ford is offering, especially the BLISS! We took a test drive Saturday night and traffic on I-75 was horrible, the BLISS got a real work-out and seemed to work perfectly!

I75 is a workout at any time!! I'm usually taking it or I-94 when we cross into Detroit. Where abouts are you? The features this car has is just sick!

Did alot of reading and Im glad I joined. Seems like there a good community of people here. Alot like when I bought my Mach1. The forumn there was great too. However the wait when ordering was alot longer then anyone here experienced with the edge.

The wait always seems longer when you are anxious to get it. There seems to be a shortage of the 3.7 engines too as they are used in Mustang as well as F150. It will be worth the wait. You'll probably find a little less modding here than the Mach 1 forum though, eh??

• 2 weeks later...

When we first started looking for a new vehicle Ford was not even on the list. Chev and Dodge person all my life. Even looked at a Mazda. It was then the wife said to look at a Ford. The only one they had at dealer was a plain jane SE model. Took it out for about half hour and was hooked.

Why the edge even though it was more money will it is like this. The Dodge journey is a piece of junk; if you don't care about inside and outside finish then by it, but it is gutless and even with the seat as high as it would go I could not see over the hood properly. By the way I am 5'10" high and owneda Dodge Dakota so was expecting more from Dodge. Both Chev Exquinox and GMC Terrane do not have the power that I wanted. To put it bluntly they had no pulling power, step on the gas and wait for the responce.

We ordered the Edge Sport with all options except Sun roof and DVD system. We got it the day before Christmas and are still working on understanding all the features of the car. Just put on snow tires for the winter as I don't want to rune the 22" spoke wheels. The only draw back so far is trying to store the wheels for the winter.