New to forum

aerotrrat

Hi Everyone,

I have an 08 MKX AWD with 40K on it. Not one problem with the ride since new... until today. The wifes key will not start the car. It fits in, turns and all the lights come on and seat adjusts etc. but no starter.

I put my key in and bang! it starts fine.

I think her key has lost its "security clearance" or whatever.

Anyone ever deal with this?

Other than getting a 9mm slug in a center cap (Glad the wife doesn't work in that neighborhood any more) we have had a great time with this car. My ideal MKX would have the EcoBoost motor and bigger brakes but thats it.

Dave

Hi Everyone,

I have an 08 MKX AWD with 40K on it. Not one problem with the ride since new... until today. The wifes key will not start the car. It fits in, turns and all the lights come on and seat adjusts etc. but no starter.

I put my key in and bang! it starts fine.

I think her key has lost its "security clearance" or whatever.

Anyone ever deal with this?

Other than getting a 9mm slug in a center cap (Glad the wife doesn't work in that neighborhood any more) we have had a great time with this car. My ideal MKX would have the EcoBoost motor and bigger brakes but thats it.

Dave

It happens. if you have an extra key you can reprogram it yourself, otherwise take the vehicle and ALL keys to the dealer.

It happens. if you have an extra key you can reprogram it yourself, otherwise take the vehicle and ALL keys to the dealer.

Thanks akirby. I went thought the owners manual and I think I can use my key to reset hers-as you suggest-, but, I will just have her stop by the dealer on her way to work with both keys.

Good forum. I have found answers to a bunch of questions already.

Thanks.

Thanks akirby. I went thought the owners manual and I think I can use my key to reset hers-as you suggest-, but, I will just have her stop by the dealer on her way to work with both keys.

Good forum. I have found answers to a bunch of questions already.

Thanks.

You must have TWO working keys to reprogram a 3rd key. If you only have one working key then you can't do it yourself anyway.