Ordered MKX 2011- Nov 6 2010

firstmkx

I ordered a MKX 2011 on November 6th, 2010. We finally decided on the Bordeaux Reserve Red with a light stone interior. Added sight and sound package with the panoramic vista roof, adaptive cruise control, olive wood package and the tow package.

Wanted to add 20" wheels but the dealer said they will not be available for sometime due to a shortage with the supplier. So I will live with the 18". Dealer said they could watch the order and add the 20" wheels if they become available.

Dealer did not want any money down as a deposit but had me sign the yellow contract. I am a little uneasy about that.

This week I asked for the VIN or order number. Dealer said that Lincoln has not provided it as yet. But the dealer confirmed ordering the MKX the Wednesday after we orderd it. Was first told that the order will be 4 to 6 weeks. Now being told that it could be March before it is built. Does this time frame seem a little long? After reading this forum I am questing if I am being handled?

I ordered a MKX 2011 on November 6th, 2010. We finally decided on the Bordeaux Reserve Red with a light stone interior. Added sight and sound package with the panoramic vista roof, adaptive cruise control, olive wood package and the tow package.

Wanted to add 20" wheels but the dealer said they will not be available for sometime due to a shortage with the supplier. So I will live with the 18". Dealer said they could watch the order and add the 20" wheels if they become available.

Dealer did not want any money down as a deposit but had me sign the yellow contract. I am a little uneasy about that.

This week I asked for the VIN or order number. Dealer said that Lincoln has not provided it as yet. But the dealer confirmed ordering the MKX the Wednesday after we orderd it. Was first told that the order will be 4 to 6 weeks. Now being told that it could be March before it is built. Does this time frame seem a little long? After reading this forum I am questing if I am being handled?

I think a lot depends on the allotment the dealer gets as to how many he can get built. In my case, I ordered the MKX on Sept 30 and picked it up Dec 1. I ordered 20" chromies and was told that the dealer only had allotment for one MKX that month with those wheels, so mine was it. I would have waited to get the wheels, I love them.

Congrats on your order too!!

I ordered my 2011 MKX the last week of November and they told me it should be around the first week of February. They did want $2000 as a deposit. Keep me informed on your progress and i will as well!

Yes, I will keep you updated.

Checked with the dealer yesterday still no VIN. My lease is up end of January and I am getting a little nervous on the delivery date.

Cheers

I think a lot depends on the allotment the dealer gets as to how many he can get built. In my case, I ordered the MKX on Sept 30 and picked it up Dec 1. I ordered 20" chromies and was told that the dealer only had allotment for one MKX that month with those wheels, so mine was it. I would have waited to get the wheels, I love them.

Congrats on your order too!!

I would wait for the 20" as well.

Edited by firstmkx

Yes, I will keep you updated.

Checked with the dealer yesterday still no VIN. My lease is up end of January and I am getting a little nervous on the delivery date.

Cheers

I ordered mine 29th Oct., still no VIN. They told me a couple days ago it should be here by the middle of Jan. My lease was up on Dec. 17 but the local ford dealer has given me a loaner until the Edge arrives. Another option I was told is you can extend a lease for up to 3 months if necessary. I'd go for the loaner first.

I ordered mine 29th Oct., still no VIN. They told me a couple days ago it should be here by the middle of Jan. My lease was up on Dec. 17 but the local ford dealer has given me a loaner until the Edge arrives. Another option I was told is you can extend a lease for up to 3 months if necessary. I'd go for the loaner first.

Interesting, What kind of car did they loan you? I was offered a loaner as well. Nother compared to a MKX.

Interesting, What kind of car did they loan you? I was offered a loaner as well. Nother compared to a MKX.

Actually they asked me what kind of car I would like. I didn't plan on doing much driving over the Christmas season so I took a fully loaded Escape but it was the 2007 or 8 model. Because of the lease return on my previous vehicle, my choices were limited. I didn't want to extend the lease...different dealer...so went with the loaner. As I mentioned before, I am not concerned about the arrival time of the Edge, I would like to have some of their Sync/MFT problems corrected before I receive it.

• 5 weeks later...

Just told that my MKX will be built on February 7th. It has been a long wait from November 6th when I ordered it.