remote start

gemmi_gyrl

hi everyone,

i am considering leasing an edge, i have just been looking at info online. I have keyless entry in my car now and its an 08. i feel like if i do a 11' then it should have remote start. I cant seem to find anywhere if it does or not. So does the 2011 have remote start? Or is that something extra?

Remote Start is an available option part of the drivers entry package which also includes push button start, power lift gate, perimeter alarm and the intelligent access. I believe the option is only available on the Limited and Sport models

Correct. It is only offered on the Limited and Sport. It's one of the reasons we chose the Limited over the SEL. The entry package is nice :)

I had my Limited Edge for just a few days but I must say having the Remote Start is FANTASTIC. If you live in a area that has cold weather its a must. Being able to start you vehicle while your still warm inside of your house or in my case at work and have your vehicle worm when you get outside, well its a no brainer ! The Entry package it well worth the cost........

I had my Limited Edge for just a few days but I must say having the Remote Start is FANTASTIC. If you live in a area that has cold weather its a must. Being able to start you vehicle while your still warm inside of your house or in my case at work and have your vehicle worm when you get outside, well its a no brainer ! The Entry package it well worth the cost........

I agree....i have the sport in cleveland, i love this feature. well worht the extra $ in my opinion. The keyless is also great... much more consistant and faster than other makers as far as touching the door handle to lock or unlock. this should work just as well in the summer..;..coming off the 18th green and coolin' 'er down before i get to the parking lot!!!

Have a 2011 Edge SE, had dealer install Ford Plug Play part# BC3Z-19G364-B along with the required hood switch - $300 total. Works great, came with two additional keys with the remote start on them as opposed to the Bidirectional kit, which comes with 1 big additional fob to start. Works 300', integrated with the OEM harness and computer. Was able to order here: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com

In Canada you can get the remote start (drivers entry package) on an SEL model, you dont need to spend the extra on a limited if you dont want to. I have an AWD SEL with drivers entry package. It has ush button start and remote start. I liek the fact that i never have to take the keys out of my pocket. BUT please be warned of my issues. Very unique, but hopefully no one else gets this problem that has persisted since day 1 and now 1.5months later they are still trying to fix it : KEY fobs not working

Once they finally get it all fixed, it will be great to have in colder climate and def worth the extra money. I Wont buy a new vehicle without remote start ever again.