Ordered 2011 MKX

apm0233

I ordered a 2011 Lincoln MKX on November 25th. The local dealer in Saskatoon only has 1 that they will not sell. The ETA for delivery is late February. Ford must be selling lots of these. The re-design and the new tech features are driving that for sure. Can anyone tell me what their experiences are with towing a liteweight travel trailer with this or Edge with 3500lb capacity? Can anyone reccomend a particular brand/model trailer that works well with this capacity?

Ive had great success trailering my Polaris RZR with my Edge.

Here's a photo of it decked out in Police garb for a local holiday parade last week.

SANY0119.jpg

The RZR weighs in at 1100 pounds and the trailer at just under 700. With two adults and our bags and kids we add another 450 and we've never had a problem.

The lower the weight of the trailer, the better obviously. They have all aluminum ATV / snowmobile trailers that weigh approx. 400-500 pounds, (featherlite) but since i'm under weight already i'm not worried.

Edited by Edgieguy