Edge that I ordered is in BUT ?

Burtman

Went to the dealer today and seen my Limit Edge that I ordered and............YES I am going to buy it and hoping Ford is going to fix the Microsoft problem. I did feel good when I seen the Edge!

Not all of the Edges have problems. The only problem I have which appears to be universal is the night light (screen staying on for an undetermined time) from the 8" screen when you open and close the doors without locking. I expect Ford to fix most if not all of the problems or they will have a public relations nightmare on their hands! I am overall well pleased with the new Edge.

Not all of the Edges have problems. The only problem I have which appears to be universal is the night light (screen staying on for an undetermined time) from the 8" screen when you open and close the doors without locking. I expect Ford to fix most if not all of the problems or they will have a public relations nightmare on their hands! I am overall well pleased with the new Edge.

Calling it a night light made me LOL.

Just got my Sport this past Monday and could not be happier. This is an amazing vehicle for the price (got a great deal in central NJ), and driving it is a pure pleasure. I returned my leased 2007 Lincoln MKX and must say that there is no comparison between the two. The Edge is light years ahead of the MKX. So far so good with all the electronics but I also noticed the "night light" problem which Ford should be able to fix.

When you're picking up your new edge have your salesman run you through all of the features that the car performs. It's something isn't working correctly ask a salesman about it. Were all dealing with some of the bugs in the ford my touch system, but I think that's to be expected with new technology.

what do you mean the night light problem

what do you mean the night light problem

I called it a night light, because that is what it reminds me of. Open and shut the doors without using the remote lock and the middle screen stays on for an undetermined period. If you lock and unlock the doors with the remote while the screen is on and it goes off.

Edited by curlysir

I called it a night light, because that is what it reminds me of. Open and shut the doors without using the remote lock and the middle screen stays on for an undetermined period. If you lock and unlock the doors with the remote while the screen is on and it goes off.

thanks i dont have that problem thanks so much for getting back to me

thanks i dont have that problem thanks so much for getting back to me

If your car doors are unlocked and you open the front doors and then close, are you saying that your middle display does not stay on? If so you are one of the few that does not have this problem. What trim level is your Edge or MKX?

If your car doors are unlocked and you open the front doors and then close, are you saying that your middle display does not stay on? If so you are one of the few that does not have this problem. What trim level is your Edge or MKX?

i have a limited awd its in the seettings under display you control that

My Limited does that same thing. It only does it when manually locked. Kinda strange.

:shades:

:soapbox: Don't get me wrong. I love my new 2011 Ford Edge. But we got some issues here...... :redcard:

:stats: I was so impressed I traded in my 2008 Edge for the 2011 Ford Edge Limited. My 2008 Ford Edge worked flawlessly with my current android phone the Sony Ericcson X10. So, I expected even greater things from my new 2011 Ford Edge Limited w/ MyFordTouch. Not! There is a definite problem with the bluetooth media streaming on the MyFord Touch side. The phone does connect for phone calls (only), but NOT for MEDIA STREAMING such as PANDORA , or media music files etc via bluetooth. My vehicle was in the shop for 5 days with my Android Cell phone to see if a fix could be found. Without the bluetooth media stream functions you are unable to enjoy a complete experience with the 3 years of Sync Services that Ford provides to new owners. I have not been able to use these services as since I bought the vehicle on November 1st 2010. The hardware/software engineers at Ford, Microsoft and Sony will have to coordinate and go back to find the missing link with their bluetooth connections. There should be not be problems with these two Sony products streaming from my Sony Ericsson X10 product to the Sony Sync System. My phone and 2008 Sync System worked absolutely perfectly in my 2008 Ford Edge before Sony even got involved. FORD should fix the problem & compensate services for those 2011 owners that must wait for a fix.

Although the software is not allowing bluetooth media streaming (But strangely it does allow phone calls via bluetooth). As a temporary fix I am using a Motorola T505 bluetooth with my Sony Ericsson X10. The T505 works just fine going through the FM frequencies with media streaming and to make phone calls. Although because I am using this device there is no voice recogntion capability. For me this is only a temporary fix for my media streaming until Ford comes up with a real fix.

The bluetooth issue is contributing to Sync not working along with another problem that is added insult to My Ford Touch / Sync injury. I called Sync Services to advise them that my Sync Services were not working. They advised me to check which ph# Sync was dialing. They said it should be dialing this number not that number (Gave me 2 Phone # to look for). I checked the #'s Sync Services provided.....it was neither #'s Sync Services provided but a "3rd" # showed on my cell phone. I called Sync Services back. They stated that I need to take my Edge into the dealer to re-program the correct ph#. The dealership knew nothing about this because there has been no Technical Bulletin. The Sync operator advised me that "Well you gotta consider that this is a different system". Both of these issues effect MyFord Touch Sync Services. I expect a higher standard when upgrading to a newer $50,000 plus vehicle.

I called the Ford Sync Services hotline again.... They assured me that the Ford Sync Engineers are working on these problems and that the MyFord Touch Sync Services start date will be delayed until a complete solution is found to these problems for 2011 Ford Edge owners w/MyFordTouch systems. I believe that the profesionals at Ford will resolve these issues and hopefully soon. Cross your fingers! (FYI: See syncmyride.com community site for more on this issue.On the Ford Sync Community I am Ray4Ward). :sos:

I got the $50,000 dollar night light too! I hope Ford has a better idea to fix all this! :idea:

Hopefully we won't have to beat a dead horse.... :beatdeadhorse:

2011 Ford Edge Limited 3.bmp

2011 Ford Edge Limited 1.bmp

:shades:

:soapbox: Don't get me wrong. I love my new 2011 Ford Edge. But we got some issues here...... :redcard:

:stats: I was so impressed I traded in my 2008 Edge for the 2011 Ford Edge Limited. My 2008 Ford Edge worked flawlessly with my current android phone the Sony Ericcson X10. So, I expected even greater things from my new 2011 Ford Edge Limited w/ MyFordTouch. Not! There is a definite problem with the bluetooth media streaming on the MyFord Touch side. The phone does connect for phone calls (only), but NOT for MEDIA STREAMING such as PANDORA , or media music files etc via bluetooth. My vehicle was in the shop for 5 days with my Android Cell phone to see if a fix could be found. Without the bluetooth media stream functions you are unable to enjoy a complete experience with the 3 years of Sync Services that Ford provides to new owners. I have not been able to use these services as since I bought the vehicle on November 1st 2010. The hardware/software engineers at Ford, Microsoft and Sony will have to coordinate and go back to find the missing link with their bluetooth connections. There should be not be problems with these two Sony products streaming from my Sony Ericsson X10 product to the Sony Sync System. My phone and 2008 Sync System worked absolutely perfectly in my 2008 Ford Edge before Sony even got involved. FORD should fix the problem & compensate services for those 2011 owners that must wait for a fix.

Although the software is not allowing bluetooth media streaming (But strangely it does allow phone calls via bluetooth). As a temporary fix I am using a Motorola T505 bluetooth with my Sony Ericsson X10. The T505 works just fine going through the FM frequencies with media streaming and to make phone calls. Although because I am using this device there is no voice recogntion capability. For me this is only a temporary fix for my media streaming until Ford comes up with a real fix.

The bluetooth issue is contributing to Sync not working along with another problem that is added insult to My Ford Touch / Sync injury. I called Sync Services to advise them that my Sync Services were not working. They advised me to check which ph# Sync was dialing. They said it should be dialing this number not that number (Gave me 2 Phone # to look for). I checked the #'s Sync Services provided.....it was neither #'s Sync Services provided but a "3rd" # showed on my cell phone. I called Sync Services back. They stated that I need to take my Edge into the dealer to re-program the correct ph#. The dealership knew nothing about this because there has been no Technical Bulletin. The Sync operator advised me that "Well you gotta consider that this is a different system". Both of these issues effect MyFord Touch Sync Services. I expect a higher standard when upgrading to a newer $50,000 plus vehicle.

I called the Ford Sync Services hotline again.... They assured me that the Ford Sync Engineers are working on these problems and that the MyFord Touch Sync Services start date will be delayed until a complete solution is found to these problems for 2011 Ford Edge owners w/MyFordTouch systems. I believe that the profesionals at Ford will resolve these issues and hopefully soon. Cross your fingers! (FYI: See syncmyride.com community site for more on this issue.On the Ford Sync Community I am Ray4Ward). :sos:

I got the $50,000 dollar night light too! I hope Ford has a better idea to fix all this! :idea:

Hopefully we won't have to beat a dead horse.... :beatdeadhorse:

guys the nitelite problems have been solved in the new version but for your old version the setting is in the autolock feature dont put the auto unlock on and unlock doors by manual switch nitelite goes goes out in about a min or so also the guy at the dealer service mgr said to download a dark picture into syc and use that but i dont agree with that it is a fix