What to expect?

GreenDragon68

Hi,

New to the forum and looking to purchase a 2011 Sel AWD in the next few days. I'm not sure if I should have posted in this section or different one. I posted here since I'm new.

I was hoping some of you can provide some expectations of what to expect from my new Edge regarding snow/bad weather performance. I'm coming from a 93 chevy pickup truck that has about 225,000 miles. served me well. Live in the Northeast (NJ). Whenever there's just a slight bit of snow on the ground or slick conditions the truck would fishtail and I'd have kick it into 4wd. Once in that it was ok. Doesn't have any of the new stability features. Never used 4wd low (only in a parking lot in deep snow) and never took it offroad. So I'm curious how the edge would fair in some slick road conditions and several inches of snow.

Also, I'm old school so I'm not sure I want the package with the mytouch voice activation. Anyone have one without the mytouch?

Thanks! :-)

Hi,

New to the forum and looking to purchase a 2011 Sel AWD in the next few days. I'm not sure if I should have posted in this section or different one. I posted here since I'm new.

I was hoping some of you can provide some expectations of what to expect from my new Edge regarding snow/bad weather performance. I'm coming from a 93 chevy pickup truck that has about 225,000 miles. served me well. Live in the Northeast (NJ). Whenever there's just a slight bit of snow on the ground or slick conditions the truck would fishtail and I'd have kick it into 4wd. Once in that it was ok. Doesn't have any of the new stability features. Never used 4wd low (only in a parking lot in deep snow) and never took it offroad. So I'm curious how the edge would fair in some slick road conditions and several inches of snow.

Also, I'm old school so I'm not sure I want the package with the mytouch voice activation. Anyone have one without the mytouch?

Thanks! :-)

It will be like night and day compared to a pickup truck. The tires are better and more importantly the rear end is heavier than your truck. AWD or even FWD with good winter tires is about as good as you can get in snow or bad weather.

MyTouch is not just about voice activation - it's worth it even if you don't use voice controls.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be like night and day compared to a pickup truck. The tires are better and more importantly the rear end is heavier than your truck. AWD or even FWD with good winter tires is about as good as you can get in snow or bad weather.

MyTouch is not just about voice activation - it's worth it even if you don't use voice controls.

Thanks for the reply on this! Fall is here now and winter not too far away.