NewB 2008 Limited, Black, Loaded

Sukks2bu

Hello all,

I'm from Milton Ontario. My Wife and I are loving our new edge. Only complaint so far is, when we start the car, we have to change the settings to display in metric, so it reads KLM to empty. Once we turn the car off and restart, we need to switch to metric again as it doesn't hold our preferences.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks all.

Hello all,

I'm from Milton Ontario. My Wife and I are loving our new edge. Only complaint so far is, when we start the car, we have to change the settings to display in metric, so it reads KLM to empty. Once we turn the car off and restart, we need to switch to metric again as it doesn't hold our preferences.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks all.

Really, I got 52 views and no one has any Idea's?

I could really use some insight here.

Really, I got 52 views and no one has any Idea's?

I could really use some insight here.

I skipped this originally because the title didn't suggest that you were looking for help and it was posted in the Welcome forum. I just thought you were saying hi.

Try going through the setup menu to change the settings while the vehicle is in park. If that's what you're doing then it's probably a bug in the code. The backup sensor settings did the same thing on the 08 models - it didn't remember the setting.

But definitely check with the dealer - there may be something they can set in the PCM that will do it permanently or maybe yours got the wrong factory programming. I would think metric would be the default for canadian vehicles (unless you imported it from the U.S.).

I skipped this originally because the title didn't suggest that you were looking for help and it was posted in the Welcome forum. I just thought you were saying hi.

Try going through the setup menu to change the settings while the vehicle is in park. If that's what you're doing then it's probably a bug in the code. The backup sensor settings did the same thing on the 08 models - it didn't remember the setting.

But definitely check with the dealer - there may be something they can set in the PCM that will do it permanently or maybe yours got the wrong factory programming. I would think metric would be the default for canadian vehicles (unless you imported it from the U.S.).

Thanks akirby, the car is completely Canadian. Tried changing the settings but it keeps going back. Now I got to figure out how to remove the negative side of the battery to reset the cpu. See if that helps.