Sport Wing side moldings

Greg5684

I purchased and i'm ready to install body side moldings from Sport Wing. I believe the ones for the rear door are too long. When mounted at the specified height in the instructions the bullet end of the rear molding extends about 3 inches into the curve of the rear wheel well and therefore does not lay flat. These moldings are 28,5 inches long. Can anyone who has these tell me if they are the correct size?

based on the pictures on sport wing's website, are you sure you are putting the correct one on the rear door? did you get 2 long and 2 short pieces?

I purchased and i'm ready to install body side moldings from Sport Wing. I believe the ones for the rear door are too long. When mounted at the specified height in the instructions the bullet end of the rear molding extends about 3 inches into the curve of the rear wheel well and therefore does not lay flat. These moldings are 28,5 inches long. Can anyone who has these tell me if they are the correct size?

I have them installed on my 2010 Edge Limited. You should have 2 long and 2 short pieces. The longer one goes on the front door, the shorter rear. Just measured mine and the long one is 39" and the shorter is 26.5". I'd say you have the wrong size because if the shorter one was any longer it would hit the curve of the rear wheel well and would have to bend alot to lay against the door.

Here's the link to the ones I bought and the picture shown shows how they fit/look on my car: http://www.sportwing.com/ford-edge-body-side-molding.aspx

Edited by cmiles123

I have them installed on my 2010 Edge Limited. You should have 2 long and 2 short pieces. The longer one goes on the front door, the shorter rear. Just measured mine and the long one is 39" and the shorter is 26.5". I'd say you have the wrong size because if the shorter one was any longer it would hit the curve of the rear wheel well and would have to bend alot to lay against the door.

Here's the link to the ones I bought and the picture shown shows how they fit/look on my car: http://www.sportwing.com/ford-edge-body-side-molding.aspx

Yes I have 2 long and 2 short. The long one for the front seems correct but the rear ones are 2 inches longer than yours. Thanks for the help. I'll call sport wing today.

based on the pictures on sport wing's website, are you sure you are putting the correct one on the rear door? did you get 2 long and 2 short pieces?

Yes I got 2 long and 2 short pieces. The long ones fit the front as they should. The rear shorter ones are 2 inches too long and would extend into the curve of the rear wheel well.

Yes I got 2 long and 2 short pieces. The long ones fit the front as they should. The rear shorter ones are 2 inches too long and would extend into the curve of the rear wheel well.

Thanks everyone for your help. I called Sport Wing and indeed I have the wrong size on both the front and the rear. Customer service was great and they are shipping the correct size--I hope.