Why did you get your Edge?

Filtercharged07

Glad you found this forum... I am the other Edge buyer posting in your "sayonara" thread over on the Terrain forum.

I also hope I can get a few years out of my Edge... they are slated for a redesign for MY 2014 and are said to be dumping the V6 so I may be back in the market in the summer of 2013 for a current-gen Sport or Lincoln MKX, unless our needs change. I won't own a 4-cylinder if I can help it.

Don't sell the Ecoboost 2.0 short. I'm amazed at the way it runs, how quiet it is and how smooth. Can't really speak of gas mileage yet, only have 600 miles on it. It's gotta be better than the Terrain. They wring 240 HP out of it, and it reaches its peak torque at 3000 RPM, which is good.

Edited by Frisco1522

Don't sell the Ecoboost 2.0 short. I'm amazed at the way it runs, how quiet it is and how smooth. Can't really speak of gas mileage yet, only have 600 miles on it. It's gotta be better than the Terrain. They wring 240 HP out of it, and it reaches its peak torque at 3000 RPM, which is good.

I do admit the torque number is impressive, but I've never experienced a four cylinder (turbo or not) that was as smooth throughout the rev range as a good V6. They tend to get brash and coarse at higher rpm. Of course I've not driven the new Ecoboost Edge so I can't really make any assessment at all. It wouldn't have been on my radar as it's not available in AWD form.

The V6 replacement is said to be somewhere near 2.5L, turbocharged of course, so we'll have to wait and see how the Ecoboost technology matures.

I would be interested to see what gas mileage people are getting in real world driving with the new 2.0L compared with the 3.5 FWD.