Radio buttons have no backlight??

I just bought a 2007 Edge a few weeks ago, and I just noticed that the radio buttons have no backlight, so I can't see what buttons to push at night without turning on the dome light. Is this normal, or is something wrong with the radio? This week I have an appointment with the dealership to fix the steering column controls (they don't work with the radio), so perhaps this is related? Any thoughts?

I just bought a 2007 Edge a few weeks ago, and I just noticed that the radio buttons have no backlight, so I can't see what buttons to push at night without turning on the dome light. Is this normal, or is something wrong with the radio? This week I have an appointment with the dealership to fix the steering column controls (they don't work with the radio), so perhaps this is related? Any thoughts?

Are your dashboard lights turned up as bright as they go? If not, try that --- :happy feet:

Hi brents1. :D A properly working system would have illuminated radio buttons. So if turning up the dash lights (as flyerjmr recommended) does not work, then there is a problem with the radio or wiring.

Could it be related? Almost anything is possible.

Let us know the outcome.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi brents1. :D A properly working system would have illuminated radio buttons. So if turning up the dash lights (as flyerjmr recommended) does not work, then there is a problem with the radio or wiring.

Could it be related? Almost anything is possible.

Let us know the outcome.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Yes, the dash lights are turned all of the way up, so there must be a problem. I'm taking it to the dealer today, so hopefully the can get it fixed. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Yes, the dash lights are turned all of the way up, so there must be a problem. I'm taking it to the dealer today, so hopefully the can get it fixed. Thanks!

I have the same problem on my 2007 edge, and the shifter back lighting is not working also? What did you find out, is it a fuse problem?

Thanks,

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I have had an 07' Edge since May 07', and my wife and i have put about 63,000 miles on the vehicle. Lately, our radio light is very dim to the point that we can not see the station or time info. All our dash lights work -- no issue whatsoever. I have tried researching the problem, and I have come up with two solutions. The first is that there is an automotive bulb behind the radio that is "going", and I really hope that this is the case because the alternative is that a piece is coming loose and needs resoldered. I hate the thought of taking the radio out, but it really isn't to complicated -- just a special radio tool and remove four screws. Hopefully, I can look at it easily, but I was hoping someone knew for sure. For those that have the same trouble, please post back your fix. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with my 2007 edge. My cars battery gone dead all of a sudden and I replaced a battery my self. After that the radio backlit light and the radio controls on steering are not working. I checked all radio related fuses and all are fine. I too looking for a good answer Any one please replyThanksShantanu