2010 or wait for the 2011?

jonathanbeaudry

Hi All,

I really like the EDGE and i have few question.

Can it be tow by my RV? If yes do i need to buy something?

I look the desc of the 2011 and it look amazing with the myFord and myFord Touch.

-Will it best to wait for the 2011?

-What is the approx release date?

-Anyone know the price?

-Is ford will continue to give the 0% for the 2011?

Thanks all!

Prices for the 2011 have not been released yet. I would think it would cost more and I wouldn't count out the 0% - other manufacturers have offered it on their '10 line up.

All I've heard is a potential release date of summer '10 and that was just from reading it from another member of this forum.

I just picked the 2010 whilst knowing about the awesomeness of the MyFord in the '11 but I decided to hold off as I don't care to deal with 1st yr bugs

Hi All,

I really like the EDGE and i have few question.

Can it be tow by my RV? If yes do i need to buy something?

I look the desc of the 2011 and it look amazing with the myFord and myFord Touch.

-Will it best to wait for the 2011?

-What is the approx release date?

-Anyone know the price?

-Is ford will continue to give the 0% for the 2011?

Thanks all!

The 2011 looks really cool. I would have waited if my current car wasn't on it's last leg (7 years old with 142,000 miles on it) and if it weren't for the 0% financing going on right now. I believe the 0% is currently available until April 5th, at least for the 2010 Edge. Whether or not it will be renewed or come back later in the year, who knows? I didn't want to take that gamble. I pick up my 2010 Candy Red Metallic Limited Edge tonight. :rockon:

I wouldn't expect too many bugs on the 2011. It's not like a totally new model. Mostly just improvements and refinements to existing design.

• With available MyFord Touch™ driver connect technology, the 2011 Ford Edge crossover wraps an engaging package with superior craftsmanship, capability and performance

• Ford’s advanced engine valvetrain technology – Ti-VCT (Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing) – helps Edge achieve best-in-class power and torque for an uncompromised driving experience

* All-new powertrain lineup includes North America’s first application of Ford’s global 2.0-liter EcoBoost I-4 engine, delivering class-leading fuel economy, plus the new 3.5-liter Ti-VCT V-6 with unsurpassed fuel economy and 3.7-liter Ti-VCT V-6 for Edge Sport

• Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support allows the driver to set the vehicle’s speed and maintain it without using the accelerator pedal, and warns the driver of a potential collision risk. It also helps reduce speed and automatically pre-charges brakes and engages an electronic brake assist system to help drivers stop more quickly when the system detects a collision is imminent.

• Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with Cross Traffic Alert is a feature that can help detect vehicles in blind spots during normal driving and traffic approaching from the sides when reversing out of parking spots.

• MyKey is designed to allow parents to encourage teenagers to drive safely and more fuel efficiently, and increase seat belt usage. The standard MyKey feature allows owners to designate keys that can limit the vehicle’s top speed and audio volume.

• Easy Fuel Capless Fuel-Filler System is a standard Ford-exclusive feature that uses an integrated spring-loaded flapper door to eliminate the need for a fuel tank screw cap.

Not a lot of changes huh? Wouldn't expect a lot of bugs?

So three new engine choices, MyFord Touch, MyKey, and ACC are just refinements.

Well then go get yourself a 2011 and report back to us after 6 months of usage.

• 1 month later...