2022 Edge ST rear fog light

Guys,

in my county rear fog light is obligatory. As my ST is imported from the USA i have no rear for lights. Additionally had small parking lot adventure and my left rear red reflector is gone. Do you know if any ST was equipped with rear fog light? What is the part number for 2022 ST? I can find zero information on this subject. I have schematics and replaced light switch module already. Need to run the cable and find this bloody lamp. Please shed some light.

I found this:

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005006877583781.html

Can't tell if it fits USA version as i know those lamps/reflectors installed in europe EDGE models (diesels only) don't fit in ST:(:(:(

Thank you

Searching UK used-vehicles-for-sale websites yields Euro-export ST-Line Edges with rear fog lamps installed, along with the headlamp switch that includes the rear fog lamps on-off button that you have already installed, photos here for Forum members awareness...

Euro-SpecEdgeST-LineRearFogLampLocations.jpg.42baa58bb55e19085dc0b02a743aaeb2.jpg

Euro-SpecEdgeST-LineRearFogLampSwitchLocation.jpg.8074d44d1eaa8257b68d88c752f626b9.jpg

I pulled VIN-based part numbers for a Euro-Spec export 2019 Edge ST-Line, where Engineering Part number is what was originally installed and Service Part number is the current Replacement Part, shown below...

Right Hand Rear Fog Lamp

image.png.71a91609c14879be456d2b7c4a5bb08f.png

Left Hand Rear Fog Lamp

image.png.2a246239d5a7ffeb3d6a50d007f8b4d0.png

Headlamp Switch Assembly

image.png.bbf3c5d9ad9a5d9f2e210c18fa84f2c0.png

A Ford OEM Parts seller in your home country of Poland offers these same Euro-Spec Rear Fog Lamp part numbers for sale in the below links to their webpages...

Per the Ali Express website photos and those on the above-linked webpages, the fog lamp light source apparently inserts into the open-top molded stem leading to the red semi-transparent lens portion of the mostly-reflector Rear Fog Lamp assemblies.

While you indicate you may already have wiring information, attached below as PDF documents are Euro-Spec 2019 Edge wiring & connector diagrams for comparably aspiring Forum members...

It's worth noting that the Euro-Spec Edge wiring diagram of the Body Control Module (BCM) includes a Field Effect Transistor (FET) protection device for the Rear Fog Lamps circuit, which may not be present in the North American BCM, though crosschecking North American versus European BCM part numbers, or real-world testing on your Edge may otherwise reveal.

If you already possess all of this awareness, then at least it's now available to other Forum members.

Good luck!

Rear Fog Lamps - Wiring Diagram #1 - Euro-Export 2019 Edge.pdf Rear Fog Lamps - Wiring Diagram #2 - Euro-Export 2019 Edge.pdf BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) - Connector C2280F - Euro-Spec 2019 Edge.pdf Rear Fog Lamp Left Hand - Connector C436 Location - Euro-Spec 2019 Edge.pdf Rear Fog Lamp Left Hand - Connector C436 Pins-Circuits Detail - Euro-Spec 2019 Edge.pdf Rear Fog Lamp Right Hand - Connector C437 Pins-Circuits Detail - Euro-Spec 2019 Edge.pdf Rear Fog Lamp Right Hand - Connector C437 Location - Euro-Spec 2019 Edge.pdf

• Like 3

@Haz - MANY THANKS for explaining it in detail! The only this which is now making me uncertain is the fact that i don't have Euro-spec car. What does "AP" mean under "regional identifier"? And is ST-line share the same part number with ST?  Do you still have a tool to check engineering part and service part based on VIN? Could you please check this one for me? 2FMPK4AP7NBA24289. That would be the ultimate confirmation. 

Thank you,

Wilki 

WilkiST_1.jpg

• Like 2

AP is the Regional Identifier for the Asia Pacific market.

Using your Edge's North American market VIN to determine if any Trim Level differences in the installed Rear Bumper reflector assemblies, none are found -- meaning NA 2022 Edge SE/SEL/Titanium/ST-Line/ST all use the same Reflector Assembly...

Link to web browser-zoomable/scrollable illustration shown in this FordParts Right Hand part listing

ReflectorPanelRightRear-KT4Z15A448B-FordParts_com.thumb.jpg.01b277ac3a4de33580045374c0aada56.jpg

The reflector-lens installed on North American Edges appears to use the same mount base as is provided for the Euro-Spec Rear Fog Lamp assemblies...

ReflectorPanelRightRear-ENHANCEDIMAGE-KT4Z15A448B-FordParts_com.thumb.jpg.6f14b305dbfe3848686324db39f3075e.jpg

...with the North American reflector lens lacking the red semi-transparent lens portion of the Euro-Spec Rear Fog Lamp assemblies...

ReflectorLensInsertRightRear-ProvidedinAssembly(PIA)-KT4Z15A448B-FordParts_com.thumb.jpg.1618738084782a820351142c6a1b53a8.jpg

Attached below as PDF documents are the Pin-Circuit descriptions for the North American & Euro-Spec versions of Headlamp Switch Connector C205, toward utilizing your installed Euro-spec headlamp switch's rear fog lamps button...

Good luck!

Headlamp Switch - Connector C205 Location - NA 2020 Edge.pdf Headlamp Switch - Connector C205 Pin-Circuit Details - NA 2020 Edge.pdf Headlamp Switch - Connector C205 Pin-Circuit Details - UK 2020 Edge.pdf

Edited by Haz
  • Like 3

Headlamp switch is installed already though i haven't run the wires yet. When i saw the location of BCM... WTF? How to get there?! Anyway, the headlight switch I got from Aliexpress, this offer:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005880630914.html

and looks just fine - all the functions work properly but the one for rear fog lights due to no time to run wires.

@Wubster100 - I thought this indication will come on it the digital form - icon on the LCD. I'm away from home so can't check it.

• Like 1

If you look closely on the IPC, there is a rear fog lamp indicator light. I removed the connector on my headlamps switch, and unfortunately I do not have a communication wire from the BCM to the headlamps switch for rear fog lights. I didn’t bother to check for a power wire from the BCM to the rear of the vehicle for fog lights. @Haz I would like to request the wiring diagram for the headlamps switch that shows where pin 2 on connector C205 connects to the BCM for communication. My understanding is that the switch makes a momentary connection to ground.

IMG_3396.jpeg

IMG_3395.jpeg