Edge ST different versions ? Round vs Trapezoidal Tips

razziel24

Hi, as I mentioned before I just got a black 2019 Edge ST.

I live in Ecuador, and i noticed that the version of the 2019 Edge ST that you guys got, comes with trapezoidal exhaust tips, but all the ones ive seen down here come with round tips.

Also for example the auto start/stop function, comes disabled, you can enable it and disable it from the menu.

EdgeST2.jpg

EdgeST3.jpg

EdgeST1.jpg

In the States they changed the tips to distinguish between the Edge Sport and the (new) ST. There is a 2019 YouTube video (The Fast Lane Car) Highlighting the top 10 differences between the two. I was surprised how many changes were made to make it an ST. Seems the new exhaust tips were icing on the cake. 

Not sure why they chose to keep the Sport tips on your ST.  Maybe a different assembly line and not cost effective to make certain changes?  

The 2015+ Sport and 2019+ ST exhaust ports are actually trim pieces on the bumper, and the tail pipe is just plain and exhausts through the trim bezel.

Personally I think that Fords should have the round tail pipes, and Lincolns should have the trim bezels like this. That used to be one differentiator between the brands. Again, personally I find those ST exhaust ports ugly and look like someone failed geometry. The Sport ones look okay (again, personal opinion).

yes, to be honest I like the round tips better, but I cant find an explanation of why the ST comes with round tips down here.

Also I dont like how they routed the gases down, so they are not coming out of the tips, but they are flowing down... i guess they are trying to prevent the gases to enter the cockpit at it was reported on the explorers (2011 to 2016)

I want a borla catback, but it comes without the tips, so I guess ill look for aftermarket black round tips.