Transfer case or differential for axle shaft

rans

YouI would like to knw what the black metal plate that spins inside my transmission where my passenger side of my 2007 Ford edge sel AWD axle shaft is suppose to seal to. some hve said transfer case n some said my differential. Or if someone could find me a diagram with numbered n description of each part would be fantastic 

Messenger_creation_218D64C5-426B-4797-8B47-D60B8C9E188F (1).jpeg

Edited by rans

Welcome to the Forum @rans!

You are referring to the Intermediate Shaft Seal and its Dust Shield in your Edge's Power Transfer Unit (PTU).

Workshop Manual descriptions and procedures relevant to these components are attached below as PDF documents...

Clicking on the following links will lead to the described resource:

Please be aware that the online Ford Service Video player provides a lower right-hand corner menu button to download the video file, allowing direct viewing of the video procedure on a smartphone or tablet while performing the procedure...

image.png.2b625ad412c18ad98824979bdc126a84.png

image.png.10dec54e71b11b20203f0e9189b45d5d.png

Good luck!

Intermediate Shaft — All Wheel Drive (AWD) - Removal and Installation - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Intermediate Shaft — All Wheel Drive (AWD) - Removal and Installation - ENANCED IMAGE - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Intermediate Shaft Seal and Deflector - Power Transfer Unit (PTU) - In Vehicle Repair - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Halfshaft — RH - Removal and Installation - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Systems - Description and Operation - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Front Drive Halfshafts - Description and Operation - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Driveline System - Description and Operation - 2007 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

• Like 2