2020 Edge SEL Rear Lighting

Has there been a definitive answer whether Titanium (or other model) hatch lights can be installed in place of the SEL non-lighting "reflectors" and if so, what's needed to make them functional? From what I've read, SEL's only have the outside tail lights light up, but the hatch lights are non-illuminated. Last night I got flashed from behind by someone who thought my lights were out, which they obviously weren't. Can't imagine keeping safety in mind that it would have cost Ford much more to add functional LED's in the hatch. Here's mine.....

edge light.jpg

Edited by BMWR1200c

I have an SEL and I have thought about upgrading my tail lights. The problem is that the cost of parts are too high. I am seeing about $200 to $300 USD for one tail light, and all 4 tail lights would need to be replaced to complete the full upgrade. Almost $1,000 USD for 4 used tail lights. But in terms of wiring and programming the lights, that is definitely doable.

What I really want to see is someone try to fit the 2015-2018 tail lights into a 2019-2024. I think it would be nice to have a line of red leds across the back.

So here's a screen grab from Fleabay. There's gotta be a simple way to slice this puppy open, insert a couple of LED strips under the red reflectors and simply tap into the license plate wiring which is a couple of feet away, to at least get rear centered running lights since the license plate lights are always on with the headlights at night.

Screenshot 2024-09-27 190002.png

Screenshot 2024-09-27 190636.png

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1