Fluid service intervals

sc00by

Greetings,

I am looking for something which indicates when fluids need to be changed.  For example, when would I need to change fluid in any of the systems?  I am looking at the owners manual and am not seeing anything about the differentials, PTU or other systems outside of oil.  Does someone have a chart of intervals for maintenance needed on the edge?

Thanks!

• Like 1

It is all right there in the Scheduled Maintenance section.

Oil, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid. these all have a maintenance interval.

Rear Axle and PTU are stated as not having a normal schedule, no maintenance unless submerged in water, severe duty, or a leak is found.

Now unofficially most will not follow the normal maintenance schedule, and should follow the severe duty schedule and add the rear diff and PTU, doing fluid changes more frequently and doing them even if not a normally changed item.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, dabangsta said:

It is all right there in the Scheduled Maintenance section.

Oil, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid. these all have a maintenance interval.

Rear Axle and PTU are stated as not having a normal schedule, no maintenance unless submerged in water, severe duty, or a leak is found.

Now unofficially most will not follow the normal maintenance schedule, and should follow the severe duty schedule and add the rear diff and PTU, doing fluid changes more frequently and doing them even if not a normally changed item.

Please enlighten me on where to find anything about the PTU, diffs, transmission.  https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=7056&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2063585&ProcUid=G2063586&userMarket=USA&div=f&vCode=2FMPK4AP1LBB55974&vFilteringEnabled=True&buildtype=web

Edited by sc00by

1 hour ago, sc00by said:

Click that right arrow at the lower right, and it shows the severe or special uses interval, and the exceptions that include PTU and rear diff. Transmission is on the main maintenance schedule at 150,000 miles.

• Thanks 1