Edge versus Volvo XC40 (rental)

Okay, so there really is no comparison. My 2019 transmission has stopped transmitting power reliably (I haven't gotten a diag done yet), but we had already planned a Vegas trip for a wedding. I reserved a Nissan Maxima (any "luxury" sedan), but it is obvious they do nothing but CUVs. they said it was a hybrid, a mild hybrid I guess. It had under 450 miles on it.

Pluses:

• slightly higher end materials inside
  • easy to point and adjust vents
  • Google Infotainment
  • map in perspective mode in center of cluster
  • more HP in a much smaller package
  • LED headlights that didn't get me flashed by every oncoming car
  • wireless charging pad that didn't melt my phone

Minuses

• sooooo smol! Only went for 2days, used a carry one sized suite case, and it went from back of back seat to the lift gate
  • weird textured door cubbies made me not want to use them, sorta like flocking
  • super bad fuel mileage (averaged 25 mpg over 921 miles), I got at least 28 in my Edge same trip, I think with adult supervision I had this time, I would get 30 again in the Edge
  • Google admin locked, so couldn't get apps, and had to go through FTUE (First Time User Experience) every time
  • I had to connect to Bluetooth from my phone each time for streaming music
  • portrait screen, back up camera taking up only the bottom, smaller than the 4 inch SYNC 1.1 screen
  • the average distance to empty would go from 490 miles to 220 miles after bombing a decent sized hill, then back to 390 miles, stressful planning stop where there are not many places
  • the stupid "drug dealer" no interior lights on door open was permanently set, I had to turn it on find stuff each time
  • no remote start or phone start (it was only 108 in Vegas)
  • no good views of average, instant, estimated remaining fuel mileage
  • no hard buttons for AC, and nothing but a small strip, couldn't find recirc or Max
  • no adaptive cruise or lane keeping
  • cruise above 70 mph was 5 mph increments (you could manually go 82 and set, unset, set to get it there, PITA)
  • if I overrode cruise for more than 5 miles, it would turn off (cruise to me is a minimum speed)

At $41 a day, I might think about more rentals for weekend 1000 miles trips more often. But it will be something larger. Also adaptive cruise was designed for this trip, which is Interstate through 2 large cities, 2 and 4 lane highways, and downtown freakin Vegas.

This was a $41k vehicle, had sensors on the front bumper and sides but not sure what for. It handled okay, and passed on 2 lane roads okay, but there was a pronounced pause so you just had to hammer it 2 seconds before the oncoming lane opened up. Edge is more direct (except when the transmission no longer works...). I should have tried for an XC60, or found a sedan at another location. Returned it with 1,400 miles.