Those of you using a thumb drive for your music, what are you using?

I am having a challenge finding a usb thumb drive which works with Sync 3.  I've tried several thumb drives in different sizes and file systems but I continue to encounter "unsupported USB device, please remove."  Am curious for anyone using a thumb drive, what is the make and model?  I have a plethora of MP3 files I'd like to play from the drive.  Almost was going to burn a CD but there is no optical drive in my car🤣

I keep all my music on old iPod Nanos. You can pick them up very cheaply still (faulty screens and dud batteries don't mater), load them with your favourite playlists and they work really well with Sync 3.

limage.thumb.png.237ef821c046dd278bf786d23e702c54.png

Edited by niceonept

14 hours ago, 1004ron said:

I have a 128GB Samsung USB drive formatted ExFAT - when received it was formatted ExFAT

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BPG9YX9/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&th=1

I bought one of these, we'll see.  I have been using 8, 32, and 64gb drives.

1 hour ago, niceonept said:

I keep all my music on old iPod Nanos. You can pick them up very cheaply still (faulty screens and dud batteries don't mater), load them with your favourite playlists and they work really well with Sync 3.

limage.thumb.png.237ef821c046dd278bf786d23e702c54.png

I was thinking about trying itunes to load the songs onto my iphone.

I stop using USB thumb drives because its a pain to organize the music in a way where its easy to choose the song or album.

I still use CDRs that I recorded, purchased DVDs and have several songs and albums transferred to the hard disk. 

Lately however, I usually just flip on SiriusXM (news or comedy channels, 50s, 60s & 70s. Granson likes the Beatles channel, the 90s and the current crap.

23 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I stop using USB thumb drives because its a pain to organize the music in a way where its easy to choose the song or album.

I still use CDRs that I recorded, purchased DVDs and have several songs and albums transferred to the hard disk. 

Lately however, I usually just flip on SiriusXM (news or comedy channels, 50s, 60s & 70s. Granson likes the Beatles channel, the 90s and the current crap.

Play song Hotel California

Play artist Eagles

Play album Hotel California

Or create a playlist and say Play Playlist.

Should still work even for burned CDs.  Worst case just edit the mp3 tags.  Works great.