Front brake rotors

johnmarkp

I know that the ST can have two different rotors.  I am wondering if they are interchangeable?  From what I have read, both the standard and performance package use the same calipers, with the PP calipers painted red.  The steering knuckle is the same on both versions of the ST. 

For some reason the price for the Powerstop Evolution kit is cheaper for the ST Performance kit.

• Like 1

Is $60 difference worth it? You can look at the rotors and see the differences, non PP is externally vented (the vents open up on the rim side of the rotor), PP is like most, vents open up behind the hat. Otherwise they are probably dimensionally the same (total height, friction surface thickness, etc) and could be interchanged. I don't think the caliper mounts are different (which could move the caliper closer or further away from the center of the car).

• Like 2

Also the backing plates for the PP open in the front pulling cooling air into the inside of the rotor exiting the top.

The other as stated above, pulls cooling air at the top of the rotor and expelling hot air out the bottom

and out to the rear opening of the backing plate. Otherwise the rotors are the same.

• Like 1

Before you run out and buy backing plates etc. If extra cooling is what you are after,

have you looked at something like add-on Corvette front disc brake duct tubes?

I do not know what is behind the fake duct covers in the front "bumper" but.