Special Service Message 52729 - 2022-2024 Ford Edge ST - AWD - 2.7L - Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) Deactivates With Illuminated ABS Light And Various Brake And Driver-Assist Warning Indicators, DTCs Stored In ABS And PSCM

SSM 52729 - 2022-2024 Ford Edge ST - AWD - 2.7L - Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) - Cruise Control Deactivates With Illuminated ABS Light And Various Brake And Driver-Assist Warning Indicators, DTCs U3000:49 Stored In The ABS And U0415 In The PSCM

Some 2022-2024 Ford Edge ST vehicles equipped with all wheel drive (AWD), a 2.7L engine, and ACC may exhibit cruise control deactivating with an illuminated anti-lock brake system (ABS) warning light flashing and various brake and driver-assist warning indicators. Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) U3000:49 may be stored in the ABS module with U0415 in the power steering control module (PSCM). This may be due to the software in the ABS module. To correct this condition, reprogram the ABS module using the latest level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) tool. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-09 Anti-Lock Brake System. For claiming use the causal part number 2C219 and applicable labor operations in Section 2 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

• Like 5

Wow. Good to know! Thanks, Haz. I have a 2024 ST with 1600 miles on it. I have probably used the ACC about a half dozen times and so far, no issue. Is there a way to know if my vehicle is affected, or do we have to wait for this issue to happen? Time will tell ?

I am taking the vehicle in for the first oil change around 2000 miles. Should I ask them to check if my vehicle is affected by this? Thanks for the advice. Jim

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STBEAST said:

Wow. Good to know! Thanks, Haz. I have a 2024 ST with 1600 miles on it. I have probably used the ACC about a half dozen times and so far, no issue. Is there a way to know if my vehicle is affected, or do we have to wait for this issue to happen? Time will tell ?

I am taking the vehicle in for the first oil change around 2000 miles. Should I ask them to check if my vehicle is affected by this? Thanks for the advice. Jim

I have a 22 ST and haven't had this happen either.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, garycrist said:

Keep enjoying and don't worry 'bout it! If it happens, just turn it off wait a little bit and refire

your beauty! These things are just like one's computer. Just rebooting solves a lot of problems.

That's not how the vehicle systems are supposed to work. If that's the case, how would you know when you really have a problem when a warning light comes on? The only time I reboot my home built computer is for windows and hardware updates.

• Like 2

@kruzr1, If cars were as dependable as stated by the manufacturer, then a warranty would not be needed.

Most mechanics/technicians would be out of a job and who would need expensive systems just to figure

what might be repaired.

Speaking of computers and their dependability, as you might know, there was a global computer-internet break-down

today 7/19/2024. As you know, just 1 bad input that is not in the "Look-up Table" or conflicts in the interrupts will

throw a code and possibly a CEL, or Wrench code etc..

Edited by garycrist
  • Like 1

I don't want to wait for it to happen and do a reboot. A lot different than sitting at home waiting for my laptop to reboot.

I am doing 80 miles an hour, and this could happen. A bit dangerous to say the least!

Do you enjoy your computer when it locks up. No.

The best way to enjoy your ride is to know something like this is not going to happen. 

Edited by STBEAST
  • Like 1