2019 Edge ST Red brake calipers

Hello,  I seen another Edge ST same year as mine 2019 with red brake calipers on the front and back. After researching I thought this was an option and a company near Chicago had powder coated them red. But I can’t seem to purchase them anywhere. I know this came factory on some models but what determined that and how do you get the red ST brake calipers for a model that should have them but doesn’t? 

ST doesn't have them standard, it needs the ST Performance Brake Package. That includes the red painted calipers, different rotors and brake pads (and 21 inch gloss black painted wheels, brushless radiator fan, summer only tires, and vented brake backers.

In doing a lot of reading , it appears there are 3 different rotors for the front, as well

as 2 different backing plates. The rear has only 2 choices vented and non-vented.

The front options, all the same diameter, have;

1. Non-vented

2. Vented (standard) pulls air at the top of the rotor and hot air and exits the bottom, with a rear exit backing plate.

3. Vented that pulls air in from the inside bottom of the rotor, with an exit at the top with front opening backing plate and red calipers.

There are 4 different front rotors.

• 316mm vented FWD
  • 345mm vented AWD
  • 345mm vented inverted hat (ST, standard with calipers with larger pistons, not painted red)
  • 345mm vented conventional hat (ST, Performance Brake Package with calipers with larger pistons, red painted)

The rear rotors are

• 316mm solid for FWD and AWD non ST
  • 345mm vented for ST with standard or Performance Brake Package
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information. So the upgraded brake package would have been a special order or do you know if some models they came equipped with the upgrade automatically? I have 345mm non painted but want the slotted rotors and red calipers but not sure where to try to order because everyone I’ve spoken to either looks at me like I’m clueless or says they know but do not have actual part numbers to look up to reference.

1 hour ago, Wildcats79 said:

I have the black 21” wheels, brushless radiator, but non painted calipers and guessing original owner that ordered didn’t specify or want but can’t understand why. 

$$$- that's why.

Edited by enigma-2

10 hours ago, Wildcats79 said:

But I can’t seem to purchase them anywhere. I know this came factory on some models but what determined that and how do you get the red ST brake calipers for a model that should have them but doesn’t? 

$250 ($270 if you want them with "EDGE" or "ST"  ingraved in them. Fairly easy install. Red and other colors. (Ough, ough yellow .... 🙂

Can download installation instructions to see if this is something you can do (fairly easy as these are just covers.)

Requires 20" wheels for the 19 ST.

https://www.calipercovers.com/product/mgp-brake-caliper-covers-10247sclcrd-10247smgpbk-10247smgprd-10247smgpyl-10247sedgbk-10247sedgrd-10247sedgyl-10247sst1bk-10247sst1rd-10247sst1yl-10247sstobk-10247sstord-10247sstoyl-10247scusdf-10247sc/

Edited by enigma-2

4 hours ago, Wildcats79 said:

I have the black 21” wheels, brushless radiator, but non painted calipers and guessing original owner that ordered didn’t specify or want but can’t understand why. 

The 21 inch gloss black wheels are a stand alone option on the 401a group ST, I think that you think you have the brushless radiator fans, but doubt that you do. Who is to say they ordered it, and it wasn't just dealer stock? Not everyone wants red painted calipers, 21 inch wheels and resulting more expensive tires, or summer only tires.