2016 FORD EDGE STEERING JERK

2016 Ford Edge Titanium with EPAS. While driving steering wheel will randomly slightly jerk to the right or left after going around any slight curve or bend or after a turn at an intersection. it will jerk to the left after straightening up from a right turn or to the right after straightening up from a left turn or curve. Same with lane changes on the interstate. It is always a single jerk and then returns to straight. And only after a turn. 

Wheels and tires are fine. Almost new. Balanced and aligned fine. Absolutely nothing is loose or bent. Wires to rack motor are fine and not stretched or worn. No broken mount bolts. 

Pretty sure it's in the EPAS software, sensor system.  

Does anyone have any experience with anything similar? 

Anyone near Myrtle Beach or Conway, SC area that specializes in this that is recommended to have inspect? 

3 hours ago, Crashtek said:

2016 Ford Edge Titanium with EPAS. While driving steering wheel will randomly slightly jerk to the right or left after going around any slight curve or bend or after a turn at an intersection. it will jerk to the left after straightening up from a right turn or to the right after straightening up from a left turn or curve. Same with lane changes on the interstate. It is always a single jerk and then returns to straight. And only after a turn. 

Wheels and tires are fine. Almost new. Balanced and aligned fine. Absolutely nothing is loose or bent. Wires to rack motor are fine and not stretched or worn. No broken mount bolts. 

Pretty sure it's in the EPAS software, sensor system.  

Does anyone have any experience with anything similar? 

Anyone near Myrtle Beach or Conway, SC area that specializes in this that is recommended to have inspect? 

Is the lane keeping system activated? When the system detects multiple lane lines or on a curve with multiple exits, it can jerk the steering where it thinks it should go. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened to me.

4 hours ago, Tim W. AZ said:

Is the lane keeping system activated? When the system detects multiple lane lines or on a curve with multiple exits, it can jerk the steering where it thinks it should go. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened to me.

It does not have Lane keep assist. 

• Like 1

I lifted this from a different site.                

https://vehq.com/ford-power-steering-assist-fault-guide/

Your steering wheel starts to nibble on its own.

The term "nibble" refers to the shaking of your steering wheel. If you notice your steering wheel does this, there might be a problem with your wheel alignment.

If your steering wheel still shakes after alignment, then it is a possible EPAS fault. There could be a problem with the steering angle sensor, which is also manifested by either the traction control or the engine light turning on.

The nibbling in EPAS-related problems usually happens when your car cruises at low speed.