i can't see the HVAC air intakes at the base of the windshield. Can anyone guide me?

i would like to spray some disinfectant into the HVAC air intake in the cowl. when i open the hood, i see the grill where i thought the intake would be and putting my hand there i feel a little bit of air movement. But i can see though the grill towards the back of the car and i see part of the engine compartment. i don't see the opening where the air goes in.

i've searched here and youtube and the web but cannot find any images that show the intake. i see lots of complaints about the musty smell after using the AC. I have been turning the AC off and putting the fan on high a few minutes before i get home but the smell is still there.

i did spray a bit in that grill and i do smell the product inside the car but it seems to me to not be going directly into the vent. where exactly should i spray the disinfectant?

thanks