Calm Screen Shortcut???

I have a 2024 Edge St. To initiate 'calm screen' I have to go through 3 moves (settings, general and then calm screen). Does anyone know if there is a calm screen shortcut. I have seen it on other Ford vehicles but not the Edge. Anybody know if there is? Such a great feature to have, just a pain in the neck to activate, especially when driving. Thanks

• Like 1

Try pressing and holding the volume knob while simultaneously rotating the volume dial. (This may not work on the Edge.)

Seems like Ford could enable this in a future software update.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

I tried to press my volume knob in, and it only turn the media on/off. I also tried twisting it at the same time. The silver ring on the outside of the volume button only twists, but it does not push in. When I turned the volume button and pushed it in, the volume would just increase/decrease, then the media would turn off. It isn’t like other SYNC 4 systems where there is a center knob that you can push in to get to the calm screen. The Edge seems to be on an older electrical architecture (No active park assist 2.0, no reverse brake assist, most driver assist settings are in the IPC rather than the APIM, no full screen IPC).

• Like 1

I was looking in other forums. A few stated that it would work (pressing the vol) others said wouldn't. Think they had different radios. Couple (back in 2022 or 2023) said it worked after a software upgrade ( why i mentioned it.) 

There's probably no way it can be done on your radio. Pressing & holding the volume knob was to only way I've ever read about (other than those radios that had a dedicated knob for it.)

The only advantage I've noticed on mine was it makes the interior of the car dark at night. But, I usually leave my navigation running when I'm on the road. (On my Sync 1 system it's called "Display". On/off/status bar.)

• Like 1