Battery Light still On 😳

Okay so I’m going to try and explain everything quick in hopes to get some help. I have a 2007 Ford Edge. Before I got the vehicle it was sitting for 6 months previous owner stated it was the starter along with dead battery. Replaced those parts with a brand new starter and a battery from a used battery place. Battery light is on and won’t go away. Car died within 5 minutes of driving. So I did the whole jump the truck then remove the negative terminal and car died. I went ahead and got a remanufactured alternator put that in, come to find out the voltage regulator was bad so I exchanged that with another alternator remanufactured as well. Battery light is still on 🫨 I unhooked the terminals for the night don’t want to wake up to a dead battery can anyone help. 

Edited by NikkiSwts
Misspellings

Welcome.

Many reports on this forum of the unreliability of the remanufactured alternators, leaving the owners with no option but a new OEM replacement.

If you can get the car to Autozone have them test the alternator and battery - they don't charge for this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Welcome.

Many reports on this forum of the unreliability of the remanufactured alternators, leaving the owners with no option but a new OEM replacement.

If you can get the car to Autozone have them test the alternator and battery - they don't charge for this.

Thank you for your advice I will definitely do this in the morning!!

If I understand correctly, you removed the terminal from the battery while the vehicle

was running? If so that is not the safest thing to do, especially with all of the electrics

in the cars of today! Back EMF pulse and the strain on the triple diodes in the alternator

and other components, lets all of the invisible smoke out.

• Like 1