Parking Sensor Wiring Diagrams 2019-2024

Hi everyone,

I am looking for the parking sensor wiring diagrams and information to show the parking sensor wires and how they go all the way to the BCM. I am looking for wiring information on all 12 sensors. Hopefully I can add more parking sensors to mine.

Edited by Wubster100

• Wubster100 changed the title to Parking Sensor Wiring Diagrams 2019-2024

You should be aware that Ford sells an add-on kit for four front sensors, wiring and a module.

I looked at having my local dealer add this option years ago and decided that drive by feel was just as effective. If I remember correctly, I think the dealer quoted me 3 hours labor + price of the kit.

It involved drilling holes in the bumper cover, installing the sensors, running the wiring harness and revising the body control module software to accommodate the circuit and register the upgrade with Ford (or Lincoln as in my case) for future software upgrades. 

I don't believe that you can just add additional sensors to the existing module because it's only  energized in reverse, and the front circuit is only energized in drive. (Plus there's the question of how much load these modules are designed to carry.)

There are also aftermarket, wireless kits available and don't depend on the BCM. (Yuck pooee.)

Suppose you could always drill holes in your cars side to mount sensors. (Good luck on that.)

• Like 1

I didn't know of any OEM add-on kits. The only one I see now is VAS4Z-15A866-B. I couldn't seem to find installation instructions for the kit.

I want to try to stay with an OEM solution so that the parking sensors will integrate with the BCM and other electronics. I don't think I want to do an aftermarket kit because it would require another monitor / beeper.

I want to add 8 more sensors, front and sides, and I also want to try to get active park assist.

I checked out some of the connectors on the BCM, and I connected a wire toner. I was able to hear the beeping by the rear parking sensors and by the front bumper. It looks like I have all of the wires I need to add the other parking sensors.

I also began creating a temporary wiring harness for the front sensors.

• Like 1

An update, I have all 12 parking sensors connected. 4 Front and 4 rear parking sensors are operational. Still working on the side sensing system. I am not sure if I will try active park assist because I do not have the 2 rear wheel ABS sensors required.

All 12 parking sensors are operational. Thank you @Haz for providing the requested documents. 

I have temporarily taped on the additional 8 sensors. I am able to hear the beeping and I get a visual aid on screen. I need to order the brackets that hold the parking sensors in place. It looks like the spots to drill holes already marked with X’s. I may also order the park aid on/off switch if the parking sensors cannot be turned off through software switches. 

I decided to not complete active park assist at this time because I don’t want to get 2 new rear ABS sensors. I am not sure if I would also need to get the 2 more expensive parking sensors in the front. Right now I am using 8 of the same non-OEM sensors and they are working well.

IMG_3004.jpeg

IMG_3001.jpeg

IMG_2999.jpeg