Dashcam install issues

Hello everyone.  I bought Rexing M2 dashcam this past Christmas and just now getting around to trying to install it.  (this might not even be the forum for this post, but what the heck)  My issue is that my O7 Edge's rearview mirror is about 11" long and the Rexing dashcam is about 12" long.  Of course the front facing camera and the front facing speaker are hitting the glass on the factory mirror which is doing me absolutely NO good.  For this setup to work, the factory mirror needs to be around 10" or less... to allow both the camera and speaker to have clear views to the front.

What are the rest of you doing in these scenario's with your dashcam's?  I am NOT interested in taking down my factory mirror as I will have the wire harness hanging down not to mention I'd have to reinstall some old-skool looking mirror to accommodate the dashcam.  I really like the ideal of this particular dashcam because of the added safety features to include blind spot detection, front and rear video capture, etc.  

Thanks in advance for any feedback/suggestions that might steer me to a solution that will allow me to both keep the factory mirror in place, yet install the new gadget.

Best,

Mike