2009 Edge 3.5L Cranks no start

09EdgeSEL

2009 Edge 3.5L Cranks no start  (189,000 miles)

I’m struggling with diagnosing my issue as it’s been quite a few years since working on a vehicle. 

I’m getting spark because when I spray in starting fluid it runs perfect. I can hear the fuel pump and saw gas pump out when I disconnected the line from the rail. All that’s seems to be left is figuring out why the injectors aren’t spraying fuel into the cylinders... Is there something that would stop all the injectors from working at the same time? A sensor or switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Welcome.

I would start with scanning for stored fault codes - if you don't have a scanner you could loan one from Autozone.

If you have one and it's not Forscan Lite etc. then consider getting a good OBDII device and get the free Forscan Lite app.

7 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

Welcome.

I would start with scanning for stored fault codes - if you don't have a scanner you could loan one from Autozone.

If you have one and it's not Forscan Lite etc. then consider getting a good OBDII device and get the free Forscan Lite app.

I scanned it and didn’t get any codes. Also the tach stays at 0 when cranking. Someone just suggested the crank position sensor. 

34 minutes ago, 09EdgeSEL said:

I scanned it and didn’t get any codes. Also the tach stays at 0 when cranking. Someone just suggested the crank position sensor. 

What did you use to scan it?

Whoever suggested the crank position sensor is making wild guesses and following their advice will inevitably cost you dearly.

The crank position sensor is needed for it to run on starter fluid.

9 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

What did you use to scan it?

Whoever suggested the crank position sensor is making wild guesses and following their advice will inevitably cost you dearly.

The crank position sensor is needed for it to run on starter fluid.

I have the Ancel AD310 Classic Enhanced Universal OBD II Scanner. That was my thought on the crank position sensor as well.

Many reports on here and my own experience shows that the standard OBDII scanners are not reliable in reading these Ford's stored fault codes.

Anyway, if it was a bad crank position sensor you'd expect the OBDII scanner would detect that.

Edited by 1004ron

2 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Many reports on here and my own experience shows that the standard OBDII scanners are not reliable in reading these Ford's stored fault codes.

Anyway, if it was a bad crank position sensor you'd expect the OBDII scanner would detect that.

Hopefully someone has had a similar issue and will chime in at some point. Thank you