Where to plugin my dashcam?

I’m looking to get a VIOFO Dash Cam A119 Mini 2 with their HK4 connector. 

1. Does it work out of the box?

2. Do I need a connector or putting it on 12v outlet work with parking mode?

3. If I need to hardwire, which fuse is the best?

sorry I’m a noob here and despite reading a lot of posts I don’t want to try and test it. 

FORD EDGE 2015 SEL

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3478.jpeg

While it would be easier with a wiring diagram of the fusebox to determine what is switched and what is constant, since the HK4 install kit has fuse taps, I would go for circuits like the radio (fuse 33) that is likely constant power (it uses logic to actually turn on and off, if you can turn it on without being in accessory/running), and 36 or 37 for the switched. Should use the Micro2 tabs in the kit. Make sure you put them pointing the right was so that the circuit is actually fused and not bypassing the fuse for the added circuit! Sometimes you pick which fuse to use by where it is and also provides the type of power you need (switched or constant).

I only needed switched, so I will tap into the connector going to the rear view mirror (your SEL also has this, so it has a switched power going to it).

2 hours ago, dabangsta said:

While it would be easier with a wiring diagram of the fusebox to determine what is switched and what is constant, since the HK4 install kit has fuse taps, I would go for circuits like the radio (fuse 33) that is likely constant power (it uses logic to actually turn on and off, if you can turn it on without being in accessory/running), and 36 or 37 for the switched. Should use the Micro2 tabs in the kit. Make sure you put them pointing the right was so that the circuit is actually fused and not bypassing the fuse for the added circuit! Sometimes you pick which fuse to use by where it is and also provides the type of power you need (switched or constant).

I only needed switched, so I will tap into the connector going to the rear view mirror (your SEL also has this, so it has a switched power going to it).

Thank you for the details.

For the rear view mirror one I could just use the wiring from there right with a dongar adapter - but im actually looking to get parking mode so i would assume you would need a fuse with the constant power right - I have searched and the attached diagram came up - and it matches the image with fuse colors on my picture, would your answer remain the same?

https://www.startmycar.com/us/ford/edge/info/fusebox/2015

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 2.57.03 AM.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...