Clunk coming from rear middle of 19 Edge when accelerating?

2019 Ford Edge Titanium AWD 85k miles (still under CPO powertrain warranty)

Seems like if I’m at a dead stop and accelerate, often times while making a turn, I’ll hear & feel a clunk that seems to be coming from the rear middle of the car. Almost like it’s from the rear differential. Anyone have experience with this?

I too have had this clunking/shudder/buck issue. My local Ford Service Center did the software update. I drove it about a week and noticed it was still doing the same thing.

I took it back in for a "redo" and now am told the whole transmission need to be replaced. Something about shards of metal within the transmission mixing with the fluids.

That's why it was still doing it.

Thoughts on what should be my next step? I've only had the 2019 Edge less than 5 years. No way a solid transmission should be shot this quick.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, T Griff said:

I too have had this clunking/shudder/buck issue. My local Ford Service Center did the software update. I drove it about a week and noticed it was still doing the same thing.

I took it back in for a "redo" and now am told the whole transmission need to be replaced. Something about shards of metal within the transmission mixing with the fluids.

That's why it was still doing it.

Thoughts on what should be my next step? I've only had the 2019 Edge less than 5 years. No way a solid transmission should be shot this quick.

Thanks.

that’s a different issue, which I also dealt with and have had it “resolved”

TSB 21-2389 (which applies to 2019-2021 Ford Edges) refers to a vehicle shudder when accelerating in the 20-30mph range. See more here.

If you brought it to a Ford dealership then I feel like they should've known to look that up. Call them and tell them about TSB 21-2389 and ask if that could be it. 

The fix is first to just update the transmission software. If the problem still persists, which mine did, they then replace the torque converter. If still under powertrain warranty, then this should be fully covered, minus the deductible.