FordPass no longer updating location while moving

Not that I am stalkerish, but being able to tell where my vehicle is, within reason, while moving, was very handy. It might be delayed a few minutes, but was refreshable by pulling down. In the past I had used it to help the driver remotely with an alternate route for example, or know how many minutes or hours I have to clean up the house before the spousal unit returns so I don't yelled at.

New version of FordPass, among other issues, no longer updates location of vehicle. It will show location when it is parked, and it will show the last location on when vehicle was stopped or started (so even after traveling an hour, the location is the gas station, for example).

Anyone else dealing with this? I see other vehicles that have extended functionality in the app are missing it, and frequently when I select Location it doesn't actually show a location (stuck on the same screen), but this is pretty much a feature killer.

Well, it links to whatever map program you use if you use the directions functionality (which is nice as it shows your location and your cars), but within the app the maps look the same as before, and if I go to directions it goes to Waze.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

I don't think so. It either says parked and shows the parked location, or it shows running and it shows the last parked location. Very handy to see it while it is being driven. Updates where fairly consistent, but I didn't need GPS level tracking up the second, just at a glance general location was so so nice.

A lot of other vehicles that can do much more, like zone lighting, lost much of that functionality as well.

Edited by dabangsta