Issue with ABS module - DTC U3000:49-68

Hello, I own a 2014 Limited and have begun to experience issues with the ABS, ACC, and AdvanceTrac systems. I replaced the battery, no luck. I ran Forscan test and here are the results (I removed the items without DTC's):

===PCM DTC P193C:00-2C===
Code: P193C - Steering Wheel Angle Signal

Status (-2C):
 - DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request
 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Powertrain Control Module

===END PCM DTC P193C:00-2C===

===C-CM DTC U0418:68-2C===
Code: U0418 - Invalid Data Received from Brake System Control Module 'A'

Additional Fault Symptom (:68):
 - Event Information

Status (-2C):
 - DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request

Module: Cruise-Control Module

Freeze Frame  #1:
-EVENT_TIME: 306010067 s (Tue Apr 16 19:14:58 2024) - Event time
-IFC_D703: 0   - Internal Module Fail Code
===END C-CM DTC U0418:68-2C===

===ABS DTC U3000:49-68===
Code: U3000 - Control Module

Additional Fault Symptom (:49):
 - Internal Electronic Failure

Status (-68):
 - Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
 - Test not complete

Module: Antilock braking system

Freeze Frame  #1:
-EVENT_TIME: 305918886 s (Mon Apr 15 17:55:17 2024) - Event time
-POWER_MODE: Running  - Power Mode Status
-ABS: Inactive  - ABS
-AYC: Inactive  - AYC
-BTCS: Inactive  - BTCS -201D
-HDC: Inactive  - HDC
-RSC: Inactive  - RSC
-BTC: Inactive  - BTC
-VAC_BST_ST: Inactive  - Active Vacuum Booster State
-BST_REL_SW: Inactive  - Booster Release Switch State
-HYD_PMP_ST: Inactive  - Hydraulic Pump State
-ECU_POWER_SUPPLY: 13.9 V - ECU Power Supply Voltage
-VSS: 5.0 km/h - Vehicle Speed
===END ABS DTC U3000:49-68===

===IPC DTC U0131:00-2F===
Code: U0131 - Lost Communication With Power Steering Control Module 'A'

Status (-2F):
 - DTC Present at Time of Request

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module

===END IPC DTC U0131:00-2F===

===IPC DTC U045A:56-2F===
Code: U045A - Invalid Data Received From Parking Assist Control Module A

Additional Fault Symptom (:56):
 - Invalid/Incompatible Configuration

Status (-2F):
 - DTC Present at Time of Request

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module

===END IPC DTC U045A:56-2F===

The malfunction of the ABS control module is evidently causing erratic behavior in other systems. I visited a Ford Dealership, where they suggested replacing the module (Part number: DT4Z2C405F) for a substantial fee. My research revealed that this module consists of two components: the Hydraulic part (DT4Z2C215A) and the Electronic part (DT4Z2C219B). Since the brakes are functioning properly, I am considering replacing only the ECU part, especially since the DCU reading from Forscan indicates an Internal Electronic Failure, which suggests that replacing just the ECU might suffice.

The dilemma is whether I can replace just the ECU or if I need to replace both components. Any additional advice would be highly valued.

Edited by tuxnet

• tuxnet changed the title to Issue with ABS module - DTC U3000:49-68

Welcome to the Forum, @tuxnet!

From the 2014 Edge Workshop Manual...

image.png.614ebb606af3d38d118af49210734dac.png

image.png.72396632e0829f7b36a81d2a60359ece.png

As indicated above, if your Edge is not equipped with Adaptive Cruise, then you may replace only the ABS Module.

However, if your Edge is equipped with Adaptive Cruise, then the ABS/HCU is serviced as one unit.

Replacing the ABS Module will require your Edge's As-Built ABS Module data to be programmed into the new replacement ABS Module.

Due to the indicated internal failure of the ABS Module , you will likely be unable to access that data in your Edge's current ABS Module.

Click on this link to the Ford Service site, select Country/Language pick list values, then enter your Edge's VIN and the Security Check value. 

ABS Module As-Built values are contained in the Line 760 address entries of your VIN query results...

image.png.df7c03d2a2d7e8b1bbe57916f29a9bcd.png

Relevant Workshop Manual sections are attached below as PDF documents...

Good luck!

Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module - Removal and Installation - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) - Removal and Installation - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) - Enhanced Illustration - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module - Enhanced Illustration - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Intake Air System Components — Exploded View - Removal and Installation - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Quick Connect Coupling - General Procedures - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Battery and Battery Tray — Exploded View - Removal and Installation - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Battery and Battery Tray — Exploded View - Enhanced Image - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf Brake System Bleeding - General Procedures - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Haz, I was unable to find the part requested by the dealership because it seems to be on backorder. The ABS module part number for my car is DT43-2C405-EB. While there are only two parts with that exact number on eBay, there are several others that might be suitable, although the last two letters vary.

OEM 2011-2014 FORD EDGE Lincoln MKX ABS Anti Lock Pump Assembly DT43-2C405-DA | eBay

2011-2014 FORD EDGE LINCOLN MKX ABS Pump Assembly ANTI-LOCK MODUL DT43-2C405-DB | eBay

I regret that I cannot offer any clarity on the part differences between suffixes EB / DA /DB.

Perhaps the part number your dealer was seeking is...

Link to this ABS Control Unit - DT4Z-2C405-F - 2014 Ford Edge - FordParts online listing

ABSControlUnit-DT4Z-2C405-F-2014FordEdge-FordParts.thumb.jpg.098b3a38eacce6b463e09d1197329db3.jpg

Link to this ABS Control Unit - DT4Z-2C405-F - 2014 Ford Edge - AutoNation Parts online listing

ABSControlUnit-DT4Z-2C405-F-2014FordEdge-AutoNationParts.thumb.jpg.950c5a2c7e41e810587bc6166a77eba0.jpg

Neither source explicitly indicates the part is on Backorder.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I'm excited to share an update: I've successfully purchased the DT43-2C405 part from eBay. A local mechanic and I determined that the last two letters signify a version of the part. As it happens, any DT43-2C405 part is compatible. After the mechanic installed and programmed the new part, all the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) and warning lights on the dashboard were cleared. The mechanic also changed the brake fluid and performed a brake bleed. Now, everything is functioning as it should.

20240611_120608.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2024 at 1:06 AM, Haz said:

Welcome to the Forum, @tuxnet!

From the 2014 Edge Workshop Manual...

image.png.614ebb606af3d38d118af49210734dac.png

image.png.72396632e0829f7b36a81d2a60359ece.png

As indicated above, if your Edge is not equipped with Adaptive Cruise, then you may replace only the ABS Module.

However, if your Edge is equipped with Adaptive Cruise, then the ABS/HCU is serviced as one unit.

Replacing the ABS Module will require your Edge's As-Built ABS Module data to be programmed into the new replacement ABS Module.

Due to the indicated internal failure of the ABS Module , you will likely be unable to access that data in your Edge's current ABS Module.

Click on this link to the Ford Service site, select Country/Language pick list values, then enter your Edge's VIN and the Security Check value. 

ABS Module As-Built values are contained in the Line 760 address entries of your VIN query results...

image.png.df7c03d2a2d7e8b1bbe57916f29a9bcd.png

Relevant Workshop Manual sections are attached below as PDF documents...

Good luck!

Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module - Removal and Installation - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 158.86 kB · 6 downloads Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) - Removal and Installation - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 475.48 kB · 5 downloads Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) - Enhanced Illustration - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 328.11 kB · 3 downloads Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module - Enhanced Illustration - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 126.44 kB · 3 downloads Intake Air System Components — Exploded View - Removal and Installation - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 561.46 kB · 2 downloads Quick Connect Coupling - General Procedures - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 631.63 kB · 2 downloads Battery and Battery Tray — Exploded View - Removal and Installation - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 215.83 kB · 2 downloads Battery and Battery Tray — Exploded View - Enhanced Image - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 101.6 kB · 1 download Brake System Bleeding - General Procedures - 2014 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf 722.4 kB · 4 downloads

Hi Haz

ivr joined the forum as I’ve just got a new to me ford edge and have just read this I can’t believe the knowledge you have shared and the documentation you have uploaded it’s close to my fault if you have any spare time could I share my issue please 

cheers

ryan 

On 6/18/2024 at 2:59 PM, tuxnet said:

Hello everyone, I'm excited to share an update: I've successfully purchased the DT43-2C405 part from eBay. A local mechanic and I determined that the last two letters signify a version of the part. As it happens, any DT43-2C405 part is compatible. After the mechanic installed and programmed the new part, all the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) and warning lights on the dashboard were cleared. The mechanic also changed the brake fluid and performed a brake bleed. Now, everything is functioning as it should.

20240611_120608.jpg

Amazing outcome 👍

• Like 1